4 drinks 🍻

Chapter 4

Adajay's pov

At lunch time I went to the wholesales and purchased three cotton sheet sets, clothes pins, a washing brush, 3 blue soap, a pack of sud sud soap powder and a iron. I leave my purchase with the security at the guard house, buy a patty and a bottle drink from the vendor near the gate and went inside to quickly eat and get back to work.

When I reach home that evening I begin to get a set of my clothes together to wash then realise that I didn't have any basins, I drop them into a corner of the room dejectedly and feeling hungry. I will have to plan out my money, time and be organized I told myself. My phone rings and I answered the strange number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, whats up?" A man said and asked.

"Nutn. Who is this?" Ireplied and asked.

"Righteous," the man replied.

"The man wey did have mi dresser?" I asked.

"Yea, how yuh fairing?" He asked.

"Well me a give thanks enuh, thanks for checking up on me I appreciate it," I told him.

"Yea man, ahnm a wey yuh gone live wid yuh man? Caz mi nuh waan cause nuh problem," he asked saying.

"Man? No dear, I don't want any. Mi get a one room fi rent way ova di next side," I answered telling him.

"Uhnm, mi happy sey yuh get some wey fi live, but di nuh want nuh man part sound like yah guh through somn," he stated.

I was not interested in reading out my life story to him, so I told him. "Mi just a try set miself and focus ahead."

"That's a good mindset to have, I hope we can be friends," he said.

I laughed softly. "I'm from work to home, I don't really have any social life and I can see that you're a party kinda person. So, I don't know," I said.

"We still can link up have a drink as friends," he said.

"Ok," I said.

"A'right tek care," he said.

"Yea you too," I said in turn and then the call end.

For the next couple of weeks I set myself making purchases of needed things and settling into my new life, the landlady was miserable and found a problem with everything so I avoided her like plague. I had been turning down Righteous' offer of going out for a drink until I finally accepted that evening. I arranged my nice white top and blue tight ripped jeans on my neatly spread mattress and did a light make-up. It's not like a date that I have to go overboard, he just said he and his friend were quite new to the area and they were bored.

I direct him to where I was living since he seemed ok enough and I heard a vehicle horn honked outside the gate as soon as the call we were on ended.

He opened the passenger door and I went into his nice car. "Hello again," I said.

"Hi, yuh look different," he said looking at me.

I looked at him then behind me at his friend perched in the back seat with a white hoody almost covering his face. "Oh, this is my friend - well more like a brother his name is Bartley," he said.

"Hi," Bartley said with a little wave of his hand and turn away his face.

His friend was tall and for some reason I felt a familiarity but couldn't place it with his face so hidden. "Is he ok?" I asked and his head snapped back around and he looked at me.