37 Rescued

Chapter 37

             Bartley's pov

  I called Straight-dut and told him my situation, he said to give him about half an hour after I gave him my location, so I sat in the corner of the restaurant I had manage to find wishing I had on one of hoody jerseys. People kept looking in my direction as they came in and out but I didn't want to turn my back just incase there were any police coming in. God know, it a guh be a shoot out because mi nah mek dem lock mi up suh easy.

  I walk out and saw the jeep Straight-dut  described and walk towards it, the door open and I get in. "Bless up," I said.

"Yea man, me name Demar or Head-shot yer," he youth driving said.

"A'right," I said.

  We drove to Straight-dut's house in Rema and I was called inside by him. "Morning, Jah know give thanks br-" I was saying then glimpse Dean standing with her arms folded glaring at me.

  I was surprised and stood staring at her. "Ok, somebody waan explain somn to mi?" Straight-dut asked or more like stated.

  I puffed out a breath and cleared my throat, Dean walked over to me and before I could think her right hand stung me across my face.

"Is a crosses pussy mek yuh nearly get ketch, a have a good mind call di police dem right yah fi yuh," she said pointing up in my face then walked away.

  I stood in shock staring at her, she appeared to be a completely different woman from the one that had spend the weekend with us. When I glance at Straight-dut he was looking on in a confused questioning stare, now I knew why she had looked familiar but I was sure I had ask her and 'no' had been her response.

"Uno always guh cheat wid some likkle crosses, wey eva a put uno in a problem one way or another and di good 'oman dem wey uno dey wid affi suffer all type a hurt. Fucking idiot like dah one dey," she stated sternly looking badly at me and Straight-dut.

Then she said to him. "Pass up mi phone."

  He looked at her for a while then hiss taking a deep breath. "Di two a uno know uno one another?" Straight-dut ask.

"Wey Jay deh?" Dean ask not answering him.

  I just stood staring at her unable to respond, she squinted her eyes to slits then open them wide and cut her eyes with the nastiest hiss I have ever heard. She climbed the stairs with a rolling of her firm round ass and I looked at Straight-dut has he cleared his throat.

"Huh! Show mi yuh company I tell yuh who yuh are," I murmured still in a state of daze.

"Bredda yuh a look mi woman?" Straight-dut ask.

  I hissed then said. "A mi babymada fren, now mi know why she suh feisty, di two a dem togeda a pure problem."

  He stood with his arms folded scrutinizing me and I chuckled then said and ask. "Imagine mi a depend pon yuh fi rescue mi, an' yuh stand up and mek yuh woman beat mi up. Wha kinda fren yuh is man?"

"Di one wey just mek sure yuh nuh go ina e coob," he stated and we both snorted then began to laugh.

"Mi owe yuh, thanks again," I told him and we sat down to talk.

          Adajay's pov

  I sat in the hotel room feeling distraught, Miguel had booked my flight for the following week and I was going- my mind has been fully made up. My dad had said he would be collecting my house keys from Hot-Grabba, but truth be I wasn't sure I was going to come back to Jamaica. I wanted to start anew with or without Miguel, I will cut all ties with Bartley and his friends- him and them were the same thing. I hope Donique will get through and I'll get to see her in the UK and I wish Taynia the best.

  My mind ran on Dean and I call her phone again, I wish she was here so we could reason.

  "Jay, baxide if yuh eva see which part mi find mi phone," she answered saying.

"A wey him did duh hide it?" I ask.

"Yes an' lock mi up ina di yard, but mek him stay dey just mek mi get a drive see if mi nuh bum di fence," she said then sigh.

"Uno talk?" I ask because I was really concern about her.

"Yes, but mi caan tell yuh bout it ova di phone. Him carry yuh man gone wherever, a rass him a box dis morning when him reach yah di fucka frighten when him si mi, all him could a duh a stand up an' look pon mi. Fuck him did a guh fuck di gal caz mi cock mi ears an' listen wey him a tell Antoine sey dis morning, bout him round a di gal yard back a build up a spliff fi see if him coulda build a vibes fi fuck har caz di gal nuh want him guh wey. Him should a leff guh buy some molly probably him wouldn't get ketch," Dean tells me.

I began to laugh although I truly wanted to cry, it must be her voice or the way she spoke- she always manages to make me laugh.

"Mi sey if it bun mi fi dem man yah, a fool dem fool or a just weak dem weak?" Dean said and ask.

"I don't give a fuck I'm at a bed and breakfast cottage staying until my flight date," I told her.

"Oh! Mi affi guh skate di fence! But a how mi a guh carry mi- bumbo! Antoine  a come me e talk to yuh later a nah mek him know mi find wey him hide mi phone," Dean exclaimed saying.

"A'right," I said and end the call.

  I hope I get a job as soon as I reach the UK, I'm honestly not putting all my trust in any man. See me and come live with me is two different things and I don't want to be dependent on any man. I should be crying I real want to, I feel so hurt- I guess you can't force someone to love you when they're truly in love with someone else. I love my son and I am going to give him the best life, his-

My phone rings breaking my thoughts, I looked at it and hiss. When it begins to ring again I took it and end the call, then I block Bartley and all who was associated with him. I began to cry silently, I was willing to try and make a life with him- why? I don't even know now that I think about it.

  My dad called and I answered. "Yes daddy."

  "Ada, wha mek yuh nuh answer di man an' mek him stop badda mi phone man?" My dad ask.

  "Just duh like wey me duh- block him," I told him.

"Tsk, lawd mi caan tek uno ino! Mi just reach dung yah and a look ina di house, most a di furniture dem gone and di rest wey leave place decently about the house," he hissed then told me.

"When yah come up back?" I ask.

"A mawnin'," he replied.

"Ok, mi book mi flight fi guh wey, suh mi waan see yuh before mi leave," I told him and waited on edge for his response.

He sighed and ask, "yuh sure about your plans?"

"No and yes," I answered.

  "A'right, mi e come see when mi come up den," he stated.

"Good night," I told him and end the call.

When my father came to see me I told him I did not know when I would be coming back, he didn't disuade me only gave his sound advice as usual. Dean came and stayed with me until it was the day of my flight, she explained to me what was happening with her situation and that she will be laying low until it was cleared up enough. She however said she will be staying with her sons somewhere away from him and I remind her that I did not want her to be sleeping around, we had a good cry and when she left I feel motivated and confident enough to go.

  Daddy took me to the airport, I was surprise to see tears in his eyes, I was no longer worried if Bartley wanted to stay in my house or not. Hopefully when I am coming back I will be able to buy a house or build another somewhere that he will not find me, or if things work out between me and Miguel I may only come for visits. Whichever it will be, I am going and I'm going to make the best of my life.

To be continued...