17| Loosing Faith

KAMAU AMARI ALEXANDER
DETROIT | DECEMBER 2021

   ANTWAN YOUTH, JAMES BROTHER.
He apparently saw Asia and James argue one time and she threatened she was going to kill him. He wasn't there at the time of the crime but his words were enough to open a full investigation.

However, the police suspected he saw her kill him which is why he's a witness. I could've said he wasn't there but that would automatically point all fingers at Asia for the death of James Youth.

"You killed yourself because your brothers death was too hard to handle, say it with me." I coached Antwan.

"I killed myself because James death was too hard to handle." He cried hard as his hand shook. His writing was indeed sloppy but the tears dripping down onto the paper made his even more believable.

"Good, now take this gun out my hand and shoot yourself. Any slick movements and your brains will be blowed out." I nodded towards JJ.

His eyes darted between me and JJ. I could tell he was thinking of an escape route but it would be pointless because their were two men behind his bedroom door— where no cameras were.

"Don't think." JJ demanded.

Antwan shook his head, "Why can't you just shoot me?"

"Because if I do them they'll know it's not a suicide, by two centimeters."

"Now grab the gun." I spoke threw gritted teeth.

He quickly grabbed the gun out my hand, shooting himself in an second.

That was easier than I thought.

"Well, let's roll." I snickered, placing my gun in JJ's hand.

"Pussy."

_____

"She don't want to see you Halima. I don't know what the fuck you did to my princess but she's scared of you."

"She just being a brat Kam-"

"K12 and Bailey ain't never been a brat. Be for real Halima, you fucked with my baby?"

There was silence before she sighed. "The fuck I look like confessing over a jail call?"

I hung up. I didn't know what I would say that could be evidence to the murder of Halima, if I would be able to get my hands on her.

When I met Halima she was a ho, still is. I don't regret fucking her because she had some good pussy but I do regret feeding her lies and sometimes I think I should've never got her pregnant. I'm grateful for my baby girl though, always will be.

"You good bro?" JJ asked me, climbing back into the passenger seat.

"Halima. She gone be the death of me, bruh."

"What happened to ole girl?"

"Asia?" I asked. I hadn't told anyone about our "break up" so I was confused on why he was asking me about her.

He nodded.

"Nun, why?"

"Nigga you think I'm stupid," He looked at me with slanted lips. "You ain't talk about the broad in a lil minute."

"We on a break for right now."

JJ looked at me with a unexplainable expression before bursting out laughing.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Just drive." He shook his head, trying his best to stop laughing.

"The fuck is so funny, yo?" I asked again. Feeing myself getting angry at the fact this nigga was laughing in my face.

"Just drive."

I shook my head at this fool. His laughs were feeling the car, as if what I had just revealed was the most hilarious statement in the world.

Stepping on the brakes hard, I laughed at JJ's head jolting back onto the seat.

"Laugh at that nigga."

"Fuck you bitch."

_____

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH

"DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH LOVE, under the love spell." I song along to 'Fatal Attraction by Kevinv Gates' as my fingers typed over my desktop rapidly.

Continuing to check over previous check-ins, visitations, and phone calls I noticed Kamau had checked in on James brother five times over the last two hours.

I knew the connection Kamau had towards Antwan wasn't good so I deleted their log history. Trails could lead back to me but I didn't care, Kamau was in this position because of me.

Even though Antwan's death was a suicide, I wasn't dumb enough to know Kamau played a part in it. I just had to figure out why.

"Asia!" My boss, Alexys, waved her hand in front of my face.

Realizing she was talking this whole but I didn't hear her, I took my AirPods out.

"Sorry." I whimpered.

"You've been out of it for a few days now, is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. Is something wrong?"

Everything wasn't fine.

Every time I closed my eyes I seen James. His hands going numb, his eyes boring into mines as I wrapped my bloody hands around his neck. The nightmares felt so real, like he right next to me.

"How about you take a few days off?"

"No, I don't nee-"

"Yes, yes you do Asia. Just stay home for a while. You'll still be getting a full check by the end of the week. Your birthday's coming up too, go cater to yourself."

I sighed, nodding my head slowly. "Okay."

The break wasn't what I needed, I needed reassurance. I needed an solid, truthful statement from Kamau. A statement that proved I was in the clear concerning the murder of James Youth.

I hadn't gotten any information about the case which calmed me down a little bit but my intuition was telling me something and my third eye was never wrong.