06| Lights Out

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH
DETROIT | JUNE 2021

   HEAVY RAIN POURED DOWN MY windows as the sound of thunder irrupted. The lights were off and everything that was once plugged in was now undone. A candle was lit to guide me and Londyn a safe passage through out the spacious condo.

"There's something I have to handle at the hospital, I don't want you here by yourself so come with me." I said to Londyn as I ironed my scrubs.

She didn't respond, just went to her room.

Rain was one of Londyn's all time fears. She felt like the world was flooding around her and she couldn't do anything to stop it, she wasn't in control of her safety.

"Make sure to bring the umbrella." Londyn spoke softly. She was now dressed in a oversized sweatsuit instead of the leggings and t-shirt she was just in. I didn't know where she got it from but I know it had to belong to a boy due to the stench of cologne

"You okay baby sis?"

"I'm fine." She smiled softly. It wasn't genuine though.

We rushed outside, making sure the umbrella guarded our heads and bodies but I mainly made sure that not a drop hit Londyn.

The ride to the hospital was silent but comfortable. Londyn was clearly bothered by the rain and I didn't know what to do, I was helpless.

"What was such the emergency that I had to rush here in the rain?" I urgently asked Kaitlyn.

"Your mother. She's here."

My breath hitched while my fingers tingled. No matter how much this lady wronged us in our life I still was wondering was she okay and why was she here.

"What's wrong with her?" Londyn spoke up first.

"Someone found her body laying in the alley, knife wombs all over her body. If they didn't bring her any sooner she would have bled to death." Kaitlyn explained.

"She's in room 356."

I rushed to the elevator, rapidly pushing the up button. Immediately entering once the doors opened enough to let me and Londyn in. She was visibly shaking but I couldn't help her. My own body was in a state of shock.

Londyn beat me to the door and once she walked in her body fell on the floor while an agonizing scream left her mouth.

The sight was worth it though. She looked pale, lips were chapped, she was missing hair in certain spots, and her arm.. her arm was cut off.

You couldn't notice the stabs unless you looked close enough, they were on her face, her neck, and I'm pretty sure they traveled down her body.

I didn't know how she survived this but from the tubes hooked up to her body gave me a nice vision of what she looked like before the stitches.

"Get up Londyn!" I rushed to her, trying to pry her eyes away from the sight.

"Londyn get the hell up now and get out!"

She kept crying though, repeatedly shouting the words "Mommy". I was hopeless now. Our mother was on her death bed and my sister was a crying mess.