05| Greetings

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH
DETROIT | JUNE 2021

"OPEN YOUR HEART UP! HOPING I  never find out that your anyone else, cause I love you, just how you are!"

"And I hope you never find out who I really am, cause you'll never love me!" Kaitlyn song along.

We were at work, bored, waiting on her baby daddy to bring us some food so while in the process we were blasting SZA through our AirPods.

"Can you guys quiet it down, please?" James asked nicely, peaking his head over the reception desk.

"Sorry James." I giggled, pausing our music session.

"Your okay love." His British accent peaking through.

"He's outside, I'll be right back." Kaitlyn announced, taking the AirPod out of her right ear so she could place it back in the case.

"Or maybe not." She halted her movements once a man walked through the doors.

The same man from the hair salon.

"Here yo greedy ass go," The handsome man huffed, dropping a bag of Mama's Pantry in front of us.

"I remember you?" He questioned with a confused face as if he was trying to remember where he saw me from.

"The hair salon." I clarified.

He nodded, snapping his fingers together as if his brain cells were clicking.

"Your hairs shorted now though." He analyzed my appearance.

"I cut it, my names Asia."

"I didn't ask." He replied.

"I'm hardheaded so I gave it." I clapped back.

He scoffed, placing his hand out for a handshake. "K12."

"Nice to meet you Asia." He smirked once I didn't join hands with him.

"Thank you for the food K12."

"Welcome, have a good day baby mama."

His eyes lingered on me for a bit longer before a cocky smirk released on his face.

"I'll be seeing you around miss Asia."

"Hopefully, in God's will." I sarcastically replied, dismissing him with a peace sign.

Once he was out of sight I focused my eyes back onto James who looked furious. His white skin was now red and his blue eyes were now grey.

"James, are you alright?" Kaitlyn asked concerned.

"I'm cool. Back to work I go." He cleared his throat, speed walking away.

I knew what was wrong with James, he was jealous but he had no right to be because me and him were simply "Friends with Benefits".

"My baby daddy likes you." Kaitlyn giggled, digging into some yellow rice.

"He does not." I denied.