14| Too Early?

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH
DETROIT | NOVEMBER 2021

WE HAD REACHED THAT STAGE, and it was clear we weren't overcoming it. I was picking with him on purpose, trying to push him away because I felt guilty of what I was doing to Feredrick. My excuse was that it was just too early though.

"You mad at me because I left my drawers on the floor after I just said I would pick them up." Kamau huffed. His jaw was clench and his eyes were boring into my soul.

"Should've never been there in the first place."

"Aight Asia, what's yo problem yo? You been bugging for days so what's the issue?"

I didn't answer.. because I didn't have an answer.

"Maybe it's too early, I'm not ready for an relationship right now." I stated.

Truth was I was ready, I was just afraid.

I didn't know that yet though.

"You think breaking up is supposed to fix our problems and it's not. I've been through this multiple times Asia, I kn-"

"Yea, well maybe I don't want to end up as just another baby mama!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe I don't see us going anywhere." I shrugged.

I knew I wasn't going to be another baby mama and I knew we were going somewhere, I was just afraid— once again.

"So you just waisted both of our times." He slowly nodded.

"If that's how you wanna put it then I guess so."

He angrily chuckled as he slowly stood from his seat. His demeanor was radiating off power and that alone made my pussy throb.

Maybe I was just horny.

"Is that nigga James getting to you? He getting in your head? You did just kill a man Asia and if you think it's going to trace back to you, it's not. I have that handled." Kamau reassured.

That too.

"Well what if it does? What if it does come back to me?" I questioned.

"I have nightmares every night about him haunting me, him coming back and I can't live with that Kamau." I wiped the tears that were sitting on my water line, waiting to fall.

"I can't." I shook my head.

Kamau sighed as he pulled me into a bear hug.

"I've killed dozens of people and they haunt me every time I blink. You make that better though. You make me forget about seeing them when my eyes are closed because I see you every time I open them."

"Your such a poet." I giggled.

"If you want a break that's cool but we aren't breaking up. As much as I talk my shit, I would hate to you with another nigga." Kamau admitted.

His words faded away as my eyes fell onto his lips. I hadn't had sex since June and with a shirtless Kamau in front of me, my hormones were through the roof.

I pulled him down to my level, attaching my lips to his. He didn't kiss back at first but soon gave in.

Hooking my legs around my waist, Kamau allowed me to lead the kiss as he carried me up the stairs.

"I wanted to wait until we were in love but you wanna be a horny gal." He chuckled as he threw me on the luxurious king sized bed.

"You think your capable of loving another women?" I asked softly.