08| Motherly Love

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH
DETROIT | AUGUST 2021

  WELP,HERE WE ARE. FACE TO FACE with our mother. She hadn't said one word to us, just stared at me— mainly my head. I knew she was livid about my new chop but I didn't care, this was my hair.

"Say something." Londyn pleaded.

She looked over at Londyn with sorrow eyes before looking back at me with hatred. I never understood why she was so aggravated with me and to be honest, I felt the same way about her.

"I gave you the gift of life. I gave you beauty and you choose to cut it all off. For what?"

"For me mama, I did this for my sanity." I shrugged.

"What fucking sanity? I've given you everything and if I couldn't than your dad did!"

"Oh please! Don't give me that shit! You was never a mother to us, daddy did everything for us." I spat.

"Bitch I birthed you." She hissed, sitting up from her bed which caused the monitors to beep.

"Yet I saved yo ass," I gritted. "I was the one picking yo ass up off the steps at three in the morning."

"Youn remember that do you? When you was begging me not to tell daddy, to be quiet, and just take you upstairs."

"Well I do Marie, I remember all of it." I angrily chuckled, looking at her one more time before plopping down on to the couch.

"Talk to that bitch Londyn, I'm done with her ass." I huffed as I stuffed my head in my phone.

My mother was now speechless and fuming. I didn't care about her feelings right now though, she'd put mine to the side for years.

My attention was now on Kamau.

Standing back up to go out of the room so I could attend to his call.

"Hello."

"Whatchu doing baby?"

His voice warmed my inside and over these past couple of weeks we've been getting to know each, he's been patient with me. We hadn't kissed yet nor took it to the next level, we were just going through the motion.

"At the hospital with my mother." I huffed

"Why you sound like youn wanna be there?" He chuckled.

"Because I don't, can you come get me?" I whined.

"I'm in the middle of buisness right now, I was just calling to make sure you were okay after the temper tantrum you had last night."

My period had started for the month and it was safe to say I was cranky. So I texted him asking him to bring me some food however he had DoorDash come instead. The food was okay but I wanted to see him, not no Javan.

"Aight Kamau." I rolled my eyes, getting ready to hang up.

"Imma be there in a half of hour Asia."

"Okay." I squealed, hanging up with a smile on my face.

Once I picked my head up from my phone I was met with James, an angry James.

We hadn't talked since that night and to be honest I didn't plan on it. Seeing him in front of me now gave me the creeps.

"James.." I warned, pushing my back up against the wall.

"Does he fuck you like I do?" He whispered as he walked towards.

"James you need to back up."

"I love you Asia, why can't you love me back?" He cried.