Conditions

Carolina and Church followed Ozpin through the tower, up to the top. it was extravagant, and had giant gears throughout it. Ozpin sat behind his desk.

"Please, sit." he said calmly. Carolina sat in one of the chairs, and Church in the other.

"Now, please," Ozpin began, "Tell me why your here."

"You mean metaphysically or -" Church began to say.

"We were agents of Project Freelancer." Carolina said.

"What is this 'Project Freelancer'?" Ozpin asked.

"Well... We were an organization that studied the use of Artificial Intelligence in the field. I was the leader of their elite squad."

"Are those troops we saw your elite squad?"

"Good God no." Churh exclaimed.

"No, they are not, my squad was the best... that's beside the point. they planned to test several AI, but the government only gave them one."

"Alpha." Church said.

"Continue."

"Alpha was a strong AI, but there was only one of him. but the Director of the project had an idea, if we can't get more, and we can't copy it, why don't we just split it?"

"Split it?"

"Like a multiple personality disorder. they'd torture him until his personality fragmented, and they'd harvest that persona as its own AI, first Beta, the Delta, Sigma, Omega... But it drove the Alpha insane."

"I see... so it's like cloning, but each one is a certain personality."

"Exactly!" Church agreed, Carolina took over.

"Beta was failure; Delta was Logic; Gamma was Deceit; Omega, Rage; Sigma, creativity; Theta, trust; Eta, greed; Iota, fear..." Carolina looked at Church for a second, " Epsilon was memories."

"Memories? That's an odd aspect."

"I said the same thing." Church exclaimed.

"Yes, he was all Alpha's memories wrapped into one person."

"That's...."

"Watch what you say about Epsilon."

"Why?"

"Because I'm Epsilon."

"You? But you are human."

"I don't know, i mean we also lost our armor."

"Oh, that was removed."

"What?!" Carolina interjected, suddenly angry.

"It was bulky. we couldn't assess your wounds with it on."

"Where is our armor?!"

"In your dorms."

"Dorms?"

"Yes, dorms. you will be staying with us until you can get home. Carolina, you will lead a team of four, CSCS, you two, plus Sergeant and Simmons. Also there's WCTG, Washington, Caboose, Tucker and Grif."

"How do you know our names?" Church quickly asked.

"The maroon one, Simmons, keeps reports on every one in your squad as well as reports about project freelancer."

"You knew all about Freelancer? Why'd you ask then?"

"I wanted to see if you'd lie."

"So it's a trust issue, where's Theta when you need him..."

"Im here! Hey Epsilon!" Theta said as his purple avatar appeared.

"Theta?!" Carolina shouted.

"Actually," Delta said as he appeared, "We are only memories."

"Well, I guess we found your semblance."

"What?"

"Semblance; noun; an outward and often specious appearance or show." Delta defined.

"It's what your aura shows itself as. it can be fire or persuasion. yours is memory, it can summon things from your passed to help you now." Delta flashed to Ozpin.

"Please continue, I find this rather intriguing."

"Well, it's like this..." The two started a conversation about the physics of aura. Church leaned to Carolina.

"Should we be skeptical?"

"He seems to be genuinely caring."

"I like him." Theta said. Carolina looked at him.

"Theta, to you trust professor Ozpin?"

"Yeah, he's pretty nice."

"That's all I need to hear." church sat back. Theta and Delta vanished.

"Alright," Church began, "What do you want from us?"

"I want you to prove that your worthy of leaving. learn your aura and fight grimm, and we will find a way to return you."

Carolina stood up.
"Let's get started then."