"that was for the chance to survive." jaha raised his voice.

"and how is this any different?" abby asked him.

"until 20 minutes ago, our people believed they were safe. they let down their guard. they picked their bunks. they unpacked their bags. they imagined their futures. you try to rip that from them now, and believe me, they will fight." jaha stated.

"no one's saying it's gonna be easy, but we need to make the people listen to reason." kane told jaha.

"someone still needs to get raven. we'd like to volunteer." bellamy said as i wrapped my arms around him.

"and i'll join you." clarke nodded her head.

"no. someone else can go with bellamy. you two are not going!" our mother scolded us.

"mom, look, raven needs our help. i know the way to the island. i need to do this." clarke told our mom.

"well, you be safe. there'll be a place for you all when you get back." kane placed an arm on bellamy and i pulled kane in for a hug.

"i'll meet you in the airlock." my mother said as i pulled away from marcus and walked out the door with bellamy and clarke.

-

"at these radiation levels. any amount of exposure is harmful. keep the suit sealed at all times." my mother helped me put on my suit as i put my hair in a low ponytail.

"you have 23 hours until the death wave hits. on a good day, it takes 10 hours to get to the island and 10 hours to get back. that doesn't leave you much room for error." my mother informed me as i strapped one of the twins to my chest.

"mom, i know, okay? we'll be careful." clarke smiled to her.

"your taking them?" my mother put her hand on augustus head and pecked his soft cheek.

"if we don't come back in time, we'll stay in the light house bunker that murphy told me about. we'll make it." i pulled up the suit and pulled it over the babies body.

i turned to bellamy and helped him with apollo and his suit.

"i love you, girls. don't ever forget that." i turned around to face my mother.

"i love you too, mom." i held her hand tightly.

"this isn't good-bye. mom, i know what you saw in that vision, but i'm a nightblood now, i mean, right? maybe it worked." clarke shrugged her shoulders.

"clarke, listen to me. i told you there were no good guys, but that's not true. there are, you are. and baby, so are you." my mother placed a hand on my face.

"even though i didn't want to open the door?" clarke raised a brow.

"yes. there was no good choice." my mom answered.

"there never is." clarke looked up at her and she pulled us in for a group hug.

once we pulled away i wiped a tear off my moms face.

"take care of each other." abby turned to bellamy.

"yes, ma'am." bellamy nodded.