iii.

THE BIRTH
season 4, episode 3

' i look like a midwife '

"BELL, DOES IT LOOK LIKE MY STOMACHS DROPPED?" i stare at myself in the long mirror

"yeah, it's been like that for a few days." he comes up from behind me and kisses my shoulder.

"hm, maybe they're coming soon?" he's said as i turned my head to look at him.

"no. it's to early. i'm only 32 weeks." i shook my head.

"it could be a possibility. but we have to get prepared either way." he kissed my cheek.

"i know." i sighed.

"we haven't even picked out names yet." i stared at him.

"i like the name augustus." he shrugged.

"of course you do." i played with his hair.

"that'll be one of our options." i pecked his lips.

"alright, come on. let's go help the others." i pulled away from his embrace.

-

"two meals a day for people working as hard as ours, we won't make any friends." bellamy carried food into the supply room.

"well, if there's one thing our people understand, its rationing. besides, once we close those doors it'll be one meal a day for the next 5 years." clarke furrowed her brows.

"try one meal every other day." raven turned to us.

"what?" i looked at her with confusion.

"hunting parties are coming back with less and less. thanks to your friend niylah, we're preserving more meat than ever, but it's still not enough. without a way to make water, growing our own protein like we did in the ark is not an option. remember that when we're starting." raven climbed down the ladder she was on.

"i won't be starving because i won't be inside." clarke looked down.

"clarke, what are you talking about? yes, you will." i glared at her.

"wait, does that mean you made the list?" raven asked clarke.

"no. what about drinking water?" clarke asked her.

"clarke, don't change the subject. we need to know who's gonna be on the inside of these doors when the radiation comes." raven got closer to her face.

"we don't need to know now." clarke whispered.

"we need some medical help at the front gate. looks like we got some sick people there." a manly voice was heard over the p.a.

-