vii.

BITTER HARVEST
season 3, episode 6

' i don't want anything bad
to happen to you '

I walked up behind jasper as we both looked at jaha distributing a "key" to the city of light

I walked up behind jasper as we both looked at jaha distributing a "key" to the city of light. i think it's all fake though and i wouldn't dare risk mine or my kids life to just take that pill.

"they seem pretty happy." jasper spoke in a low voice. "yeah, they sure do." i nodded my head.

"jasper, i know your tempted. but let my mom really figure out what it is first. i don't want anything bad to happen to you." i told him as he slowly nodded his head.

"thank you, athena." he looked down. "yeah, of course, jasper. i'll always be here if you need me." i placed a hand on his back and walked away.

i head on over to kane as he told me all of pikes plans. pike wanted to kill more grounders, innocent grounders so we could use this villages soil to make our own crops. i was in distraught when i found out bellamy was still apart of pikes acts.

"athena, before you go. i just wanted to tell you how proud i am of you." kane smiled as he crossed his arms.

"thank you, kane." i smiled back at the wise man. "please. call me marcus." he said. he looked at me as if he was about to say something.

"is there something you want to say, sir?" i asked him as i moved away from the door frame.

"it's just that, you look a lot like your mother." he looked down.

"you knew her?" i walked up to him and sat down. "yes, we were very close." he nodded.

"what was she like? how'd you meet?" i asked him, wanting to know more about my biological mother.

"her name was evelyn. she was beautiful, kind, sweet, had a strong soul. she was innocent. she didn't deserve anything that happened to her." he looked back down at the ground.

"we met on the ark. i was still in school by then, and i was a very rilled up and hot headed teen. i sat in one of my classes and she sat beside me. i couldn't help but take in her beauty so we decided to start talking. our friend ship developed from there but she was just an overall amazing person." he chuckled.

"did you love her?" he seemed a bit shocked at this question. "it's just that the way you described her, makes it seem like you were in love with her." i laughed.

"i was." he smiled. "but then she had me? how did that play out?" i crossed my arms. marcus stood quiet as he looked at the ground.

"marcus?" i furrowed my brows.

"athena, you don't know how long i've been wanting to tell you this." he said as he cleared his throat. "i'm your father." he drifted his eyes away from me.