xii.

THE CHOSEN
season 4, episode 12

' i love you '

PEOPLE YELLING AND SHOUTING FILLED THE ROOM

PEOPLE YELLING AND SHOUTING FILLED THE ROOM. we had to pick 100 of our people and let the rest of them die. this is what humanity has coke down to.

"move!"

"get off me!"

"jaha! what's happening?" a man with a child in his arms asked jaha.

jaha stayed silent and raised his hand up. as the chatter grew apollo began more fussy. i rocked him but it hadn't helped.

"here, give him to me." bellamy took the baby out of my arm. he struggled momentarily to get both of the twins is his arms but succeeded.

"that's everyone. close the door!" a grounder yelled.

once the doors had closed everyone rushed to them and began to bang on the cold metal doors.

"three out of four of these people are going to die tonight. you still think you made the right choice?" jaha whispered for us to hear.

-

"our people are scared, marcus. we need to tell them something." jaha said as we entered the private office.

"we just spoke with raven. when she gets here, we'll have all our essential personnel." kane crossed his arms.

"how many spots does that leave us with?" clarke raised a brow.

"including the essential personnel and the places we're holding for the children under 16, that leaves us with 80." my mother answered.

"80..." clarke looked down.

"i can't believe we're talking about sending 364 of our own people to their deaths." jaha spat.

"we're lucky they're giving us any space in this bunker at all." clarke said to him.

"look. i don't like it anymore than you do." kane shook his head.

"then let's fight this." jaha asserted.

"no. any sort of resistance will cost us all our lives. our best course of action is to hold a lottery for the remaining spots." kane concluded.

"it's not going to work, marcus." jaha leaned on the desk.

"it was your idea." kane fired back.