xv.

RED SKY AT MORNING
season 3, episode 14

' and you didn't mention
this before? '

We sat at a small fire as we heard a young girl give a speech

"everywhere i looked, there were fins. and teeth. and blood. i knew if they saw me, i'd be next, so i floated there, waiting, praying they'd swim on. but they didn't."

"she's here." bellamy caught my attention. "maybe she changed her mind." bellamy had hope and tapped on my knee as we walked over to luna.

"the boats return at nightfall. then you leave. forever." she said to us.

"luna, let us explain." clarke tried to change her mind.

"i said no." luna said sternly.

"no, you need to hear this." bellamy stepped closer but one of lunas guards put a hand on bellamy's chest to stop him from getting any closer.

"there is something out there that is going to destroy us all." bellamy told her.

"whatever it is, it can't reach us here." luna walked over to octavia and jasper.

the girl from before finished her speech and we all applauded for her.

-

"jaspers actually smiling." bellamy turned to us after watching jasper and the girl who told the shark story, having a conversation.

"clarke, stop." i told her as she gazed at luna.

"we can't just leave." clarke shook her head.

"it's not like we have much of a choice." octavia spoke up.

"maybe we do." clarke said.

"what are you talking about?" bellamy raised a brow.

"i'm talking about putting this into her head without asking." clarke held out the flame.

"no way, clarke." octavia whispered. "this ain't like emerson, he was trying to kill us." octavia added on.

"you think i don't know that?" clarke remarked.

"clarke, we don't have to do this. we can fight, we can go back to arkadia. we arm up." bellamy said. i thought about it and clarkes idea wasn't so bad.

"so we kill the people we love?" i asked him as i thought of my mother.

"it's an army of our own people. i don't like this anymore than you do. but if ravens right, then the doe on this thing could stop alie." clarke told them and they went silent.