"i understand your need to know, but i promise you there is nothing but more pain in the other side of that radio. the radiation levels have become critical, so people outside are already feeling the effects." jahas voice grew louder.

"once they realized that we took this bunker, it'll be chaos, and if we open that door, we let that chaos inside." jaha continued.

"i understand. now, get the hell out of my way." my mother pushed past jaha.

i took a seat and sat the twins onto my lap. the boys seemed to have been wowed my the technology in front of their faces as they couldn't keep their eyes off of it.

"the walkies are set to 21.5 megahertz." bellamy adjusted the settings.

"can anyone— can anyone hear me? over." the statcic made it hard to hear but you could definitely tell it was octavia.

"this is octavia. can anyone hear me, damn it?" octavia's voice grew louder.

"o, it's me. you okay." bellamy picked up the walkie.

"im alive. i won." once those words left octavia's mouth everyone in the room stared at each other.

"bell, what the hell did you do?" octavia asked.

"it wasn't me. but i'll fix it." bellamy answered.

"listen to me. when i won, i decided to share the bunker with everyone. a hundred from each clan. kane is out there buying us time, helping them select their people, and gaia somehow convinced the scouts to lock down the temple. but if anybody finds out that skaikru stole the bunker, we're all dead." octavia explained.

"copy that. i'm on my way." bellamy set down the radio as the door opened.

i looked up from the desk to see miller, atom, and other guards enter the room.

"atom?" i stood up and raised a brow. the boy stayed silent and looked away.

"turn off the radio." jaha ordered.

"thelonious, we can save them." my mom glared at jaha.

"o, i'm gonna need some time." bellamy picked up the radio again.

"wait. what? bellamy, they don't have t-" jaha yanked the radio and turned it off.

"what the hell, jaha!" i shouted at the man.

"did you hear her? the grounders are listening to her now, but they won't be for much longer. i am opening that door." bellamy yelled.

"come here, give them to me." my mother took the boys out of my arms.

"i'm sorry, but right now, our people are safe. we cannot risk that." jaha whispered.

"to stop me, you're gonna have to kill me." bellamy stood tall.

"bell." i whispered and took his arm. he looked at me and gave me a nod.

"come on, bellamy. it doesn't have to be like this." miller pleaded.

bellamy looked at jaha and ran. he pushed past guards. miller and atom grabbed onto bellamy and held him down.