20

It's useless to live at this point. Hyeju thought.

There's no more Hyunjin. There's no more Yerim.

There's only her. Only Hyeju. And she's not used to that. She's used to having Hyunjin and Yerim with her. 

It's breaking her into pieces as she digs another grave for her other sister. 

She's not crying anymore, but the pain in her heart is unbearable. She took a look at Yerim, and she felt herself dying from the inside.

"Hyeju," Chaewon tried to talk to her, but she got shut down by the girl.

Jinsol saw it and sighed, walking up to her sister and telling her that they should leave Hyeju alone for now.

Chaewon nodded and helped dig a grave for Yerim.

Meanwhile, Yeojin didn't leave Yerim's side. She's holding her hand yet nothing comes out of her mouth. She's sobbing yet there are no tears as there are no tears left to cry.

Her head hurts from too much crying, but her heart aches more. 

Yeojin's hand reached for her lover's face and caressed Yerim's cold cheeks. All of the memories they had together flashed back into Yeojin's mind.

Her heart clenched, and she buried her face in Yerim's chest.

A series of apologies escaped the girl's mouth.

Several pairs of eyes landed on her, and the girls bit their lips, sobbing to themselves while digging out dirt.

Never in their lives did they imagine themselves digging out graves for their friends.

"I think it's deep enough." It took Jungeun a while to collect herself before she got the guts to say that.

"Yeojin."

"Five more minutes please." Yeojin pleaded, hugging Yerim's body. "Just five more minutes..."

They let Yeojin have the five minutes she was asking for.

"I love you, Yerimmie." she whispered, placing a peck on the girl's cheek before she let go of her.

Hyeju went to her sister lifelessly and kneeled beside her.

"You know that I love you, right?" she smiled.

"Hyunjin said she'd break the bone of someone who dared to hurt me, yet the two of you hurt me the most by leaving me all by myself." She let out a painful chuckle. 

"You guys always say that I'm being unfair... But look at the two of you now." 

"I thought no Hyunjin, no Yerim, no Hyeju?" 

Hyeju lifted her gaze when the detention room door opened.

She's confused to see her twin sisters entering the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

"Accompanying you." Hyunjin said, tossing a sandwich wrap to the girl.

"Are y'all crazy?" Hyeju asked, easily catching the sandwich Hyunjin tossed to her and peeling off the paper wrapping the food.

"You guys aren't allowed here." she said, taking a bite.

"And so? The teacher left minutes ago. We can enter this room whether we're allowed or not." Yerim said, sitting down.

"Wherever you are, we're also there." Hyunjin said, stealing a bite from Hyeju's sandwich.

"'Cause remember? No Hyunjin, no Yerim, no Hyeju."

"I'll keep that in mind." Hyeju said, hugging Yerim.

"No Hyunjin, no Yerim, no Hyeju." she repeated.

"Thank you and I love you, Yerim. I'll see you soon."

With heavy and broken hearts, they lifted up Yerim's body and moved it to the hole they dug.

They covered it in dirt while crying their eyes out.

At last, Yeojin placed a flower on Yerim's grave.

-

"Wait." Sooyoung holds her hand up.

"You hear that?" she asked Kahei, who nodded her head, her eyes showing nothing but grief and fear.

"Fuck it. It's not them again, right?" Chaewon looked around as she gripped Hyeju's arm.

"I'm afraid it's them." Haseul said, seeing a zombie turning its head towards them.

"Run." 

They all bolted away as the number of zombies around them, chasing them, increased.

With shaking legs, Jinsol ran as fast as she could, her hand holding Jungeun's.

Haseul was shooting some of them, but stopped immediately when she realized it was a bad idea. The sound that her gun was making was catching a lot of zombies' attention.

"Look!" Kahei shouted upon seeing what seemed to be a well-built building with high fences around it.

"That must be it. Hurry up, you guys."

They wouldn't make it. Hyeju knew that.

There are a lot of zombies chasing after them, and they still don't know where the gate is. It's impossible for them to get through those high fences with a limited time.

"Haseul-unnie," she went to the girl. "Give me your gun."

"Why? It's catching the zombies' attention, Hyeju." Haseul said.

"I'm going to take some of them down." Hyeju said, snatching the gun from the girl.

"Find the gate." she told them, and then ran the other way. 

"Hey, Kim Hyeju!" Sooyoung shouted.

Hyeju fired the gun into the sky, wanting the zombies' attention. 

She grinned when she successfully got what she wanted.

"Come here, you motherfuckers." she said, aiming the gun at the unalive creatures.

"Fuck it, Hyeju. Guys, hurry up and find the entrance." 

Yeojin looked around and grimaced, realizing the gate was on the other side. 

"We're screwed. It's on the other side." she said, and they all looked at her. 

"FUCK IT, JUST CLIMB THE FENCE!" they heard Hyeju shout, and they all started climbing up the fence.

Another curse left Hyeju's mouth when she ran out of bullets. She ran while taking out the pistol from the back of her pants and single-handedly shooting them one by one.

"Chaewon, on your left!" 

Hyeju's head turned to Chaewon when she heard Jinsol's scream.

"Oh no." Hyeju mumbled and hurriedly ran towards Chaewon, shooting the zombie that was trying to attack the girl.

"Hurry, baby, step on my hands." Hyeju said, helping Chaewon to climb.

A grunt left Hyeju's mouth when she felt the pain in her legs caused by the injury she got yesterday.

She pushed Chaewon up with all her might, wanting her to make it.

"Hyeju!" 

Hyeju looked behind her, but it was already late. A zombie had bit her.

"Hyeju..." Chaewon looked down at her.

"I'm fine." Hyeju smiled at her. "I'm fine, baby."

"Go up; I'll follow later, alright?" 

Hyeju looked at Sooyoung for some help, and the girl pulled Chaewon with her.

"No, no, Hyeju." Chaewon shook her head, not wanting to leave Hyeju.

"I guess my time has come." Hyeju chuckled, facing the zombies again.

"Fuck y'all." she shot them at the head.

She could feel something weird happening to her, yet she didn't mind it.

She wanted to be with her sisters anyway.

She made up her mind.

She'll go to where they are.

"Hyeju..." Chaewon mumbled, watching as her girlfriend aimed the gun at her own head.

"HYEJU, NO!" she shouted.

A gunshot made them all stop, because after that gunshot, no more gunshots followed.

An agonizing scream was heard from Chaewon as Hyeju dropped to the ground.

"HYEJU!"