8

"What are you doing?" Jinsoul asked as she enters the balcony

"Just observing the surroundings" Jungeun answered and Jinsoul went behind her to give her a backhug.

"What did you observe, babe?" Jinsoul asked and place her chin on Jungeun's shoulder.

"Well just like before... They can see clearly in day and they're completely blind during night but has a very sensitive sense of hearing and smelling" Jungeun said and looks down at the zombies that are looking up to them.

"What do you think about going to Jeju?" Jungeun asked, turning to Jinsoul.

"To be honest I don't want to go" the older said

"There are many possibilities of us dying or turning into a zombie once we exit this fucking apartment" she said

"But do you think we'll last if we stay here?" Jinsoul looks down at Jungeun and stares at her.

"We'll die soon once we finished all of our food" she said and she grimaced as she don't like the idea of dying.

"Sorry to ruin your alone time but let me borrow your binoculars, Jungie" Kahei said and Jungeun gave it to her.

Kahei used it and look around. She look at the apartment building in across from theirs and look through the glass walls if there are many zombies.

"What do you see, unnie?" Chaewon asked as she appears behind the oldest.

"There are also zombies there" Kahei mumbled

"Hey baby cat!" she called for Hyunjin and the girl stopped playing with a yarn ball.

"Aeong?"

"Come here and look at this" the girl head towards them and look at the building in front of them.

"Are the zombies there fewer than the zombies in this building?" Kahei asked while Hyunjin uses the binoculars.

"Seems like it"

"Really?" Hyunjin nodded and went back to lay on the mattress and play with her yarn ball again just like a cat.

"If ever something happens, we should evacuate to that building" Kahei said and the girl looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Jinsoul asked

"These creatures seems to be strong and we're nothing compared to their strength. We'll be dead if someone get inside. It's better to have a back up plan" Kahei answered and went back inside.

"Kahei-unnie's right, we don't know until when the door's gonna hold up" Chaewon said and they look at the door's direction. There's a faint banging by the zombies as they can smell the girls inside.

Sooyoung then went to the balcony while holding a thick and long rope that she got outside when they went out.

"What's that for?" Jinsoul asked

"We can use this if ever those nasty creatures get in here" she said

"I think this is long enough to tie at the grills there and the grills here, just like a zip line, you guys get me?" the girls nodded

"But who's gonna tie that to the other side?" Jungeun asked

"Hyunjin? She's the strongest among us and she has 9 lives" Sooyoung looked at the girl playing with the yarn ball.

"Good luck dealing with Heejin, Hyejoo and Yerim with that" Jinsoul said as she knows that those three won't let Hyunjin go out alone.

"I heard my name" Heejin popped out of nowhere

"What's up?"

"They're planning to send Hyunjin to the other building" Chaewon said and Heejin's eyebrows automatically furrowed.

"Alone? No. She's not going. She almost died the last time she went out" Heejin said and aggressively shakes her head.

"Say, you like her, don't you?" Sooyoung said with a shit eating grin as she lean on the metal grills.

"W-what are y-you ta-talking about?" the bunny stutters and looked away.

"I knew it" Jungeun joined Sooyoung in teasing the girl.

"I'm just worried about her! She's my bestfriend!" Heejin denied as her face heat up.

"The blush on your face says otherwise tho" Chaewon said and Heejin look at her

"I thought we're besties, Chae??"

"Just admit it, Heej"

"I don't like her" Heejin said firmly

"Okay, she's still in the denial stage, just leave her alone for now" Jinsoul said

"But since when did you start liking our baby cat?" Jinsoul asked with a teasing smirk and Heejin just stomp her feet then walks away.

************

It's already dark and they proceeded to Sooyoung's plan.

"So... I just have to tie it securely?" Hyunjin asked and tie the rope around the metal grills then look at the other side.

"Yes but hey Hyunjin" Sooyoung said

"Be careful and please don't do the same thing that happened last time" she said and Hyunjin showed her an okay sign.

"Hyunjin" Yerim hugged her tightly and Hyunjin pats her head.

"I'll be fine" she said and broke the hug.

Hyunjin fixed the flashlight on her forehead and fix the heavy rope she's holding. She breathes heavily and went to the other side of the grills.

"Hey Hyunjin" Hyejoo calls making the girl look at her.

"We will be waiting for you so don't screw up for real this time" Hyunjin salutes to her and slowly went down using the rope.

"She better live cuz if she died I'm gonna fucking beat the hell out of you" Hyejoo said to Sooyoung as she watch Hyunjin gets down.

"Count me in" the bunny beside her said as she watch Hyunjin too.

"Shit here we go again" Hyunjin cursed as she finally landed her feet on the ground. Some zombies are hibernating in the dark and there are just few lurking in the streets.

She take out the gun that Sooyoung lend to her and shot one of them. She dipped her fingers to the zombie's blood and put it all over her.

"It fucking smells" she almost puke because of the smell but she got no time for that. She went to Sooyoung and Jinsoul's car to see if they still have gas but both are empty.

She can see the girls watching her and she raise her hand and shake them, signalling that there's no gas.

"Now we're really dead" Yeojin said

"Hey don't say things like that" Haseul said to the girl

Hyunjin then get on the plank of wood that the window wiper gets on when they're cleaning the glass walls of the apartment building.

"Now how the hell does this works?" she asked herself and pull the rope attached to it. The thing she's stepping on started going up and she continue pulling it until she reaches the third floor.

"It's so dark" she opens her flashlight and was startled when she see a zombie inside.

"Annyeonghaseyo" she greeted then jumped to the balcony not that near from her but her foot slipped and she held onto the metal grill for her damn life.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck" Heejin curses non stop and grip Jungeun's hand tightly while Hyejoo and Yerim are hugging each other.

"I can do this" Hyunjin said to herself and pulled herself up.

"Arghhhh" she made it to the balcony and quickly tie the other end of the rope. She pulled it to know if it's securely tied.

She enter the apartment and surprised to see what's inside.