17

"Are you okay? You look pale, unnie" Yeojin said while holding Hyunjin's hand. They're looking for their friends.

"Yeah, probably just hungry" Hyunjin smiled at her.

A few minutes passed and Yeojin noticed a piece of clothing tied to a plant.

"Unnie, look at that" Yeojin pointed at it

"Maybe they left a trace for us to find them easier" she added and Hyunjin pulled her towards the way where the trace is.

There's another one right after they took ten steps and it just goes on and on until they saw them, the eight girls sitting on the ground, taking a rest.

"UNNIES!" Yeojin called them and hugged the closest to her.

Hyunjin smiled. She'll be at peace now.

"Hyun" Yerim went to Hyunjin and hug her.

"Are you alright?" she asked and felt that Hyunjin put her weight on her.

"Hyunjin, you're so pale" Jinsol said, standing up to check on Hyunjin.

"Hyun, did you get bitten?" Hyeju asked, walking towards her twin while limping.

Hyunjin shakes her head weakly as she breathes heavily. She had fully leaned over Yerim and the latter looks at her, holding her twin's cheek.

"Hey, Hyunjin" she called her name in a gentle tone.

"Yerim, I'm dying" Hyunjin breathe out

"What are you saying....." Yerim paused, remembering what they encountered earlier.

"Hyunjin, did you get bit?" Yerim's tears start to build up so as Yeojin.

"Yeah" Hyunjin said, her tears falling to her cheeks.

"Yerim, let go of her" Sooyoung said

Yerim shakes her head and hug Hyunjin even tighter.

"You can't leave me" Yerim cries

"We're gonna find a medicine, Hyun" she said, but Hyunjin is already hopeless.

"We're in the middle of a forest, Yerim" Hyunjin chuckles, clutching her abdomen, enduring the abdominal pain she's experiencing.

She lets go of Yerim and turn her back to her as she vomits.

Hyunjin fell on her knees and continue vomiting as Yerim rubs her back while crying her heart out.

"Yerim, she's infected-" Yeojin cuts Jungeun off.

"She's not, we... we saw a snake earlier... it's color is light brown or brownish and has v markings around its body" Yeojin choked on her own tears. "I... I didn't know she was bitten"

Hyeju refuse to believe what Yeojin is saying and look at her sister, her poor sister. She saw Hyunjin's leg and shut her eyes tightly, opening it again after a few seconds.

"This ain't real" Hyeju convince herself

"This is not fucking real" her tears starts to pour out.

"Hyunjin-ah..." Haseul mumbled, covering her mouth as she started crying.

Hyunjin wipe her lips and let herself lay on the grass, feeling so weak.

"Don't cry" she said, giving her friends a weak smile.

"Please, tell Heejin I love her" she whispered, her voice slowly dying out.

"I love you all guys. I'm sorry I can't stay" she cries

"I want to stay... I really want to"

They all cry while watching their friend die. They can't even do a thing about it that makes it worse.

"Yerimmie, Hyeju-yah, don't fight anymore, alright?" Hyunjin smiled as her tears fall.

"I love you both"

Hyeju kneels down, shaking her head, holding Hyunjin's hand.

"You can't leave us" her voice broke as well as her heart.

"I'm sorry" Hyunjin apologize and held Hyeju's hand, gripping it tightly.

"Take care of Yerim, okay? You take care too, Hye" the girl smiled, her heart beat getting slower.

"Live for me, guys. I want y'all to live. Make a lot of memories after this fucking pandemic"

The nine girls look at Hyunjin's genuine smile.

"Don't forget about me though" Hyunjin chuckles

"Kim Hyunjin, aeongie, baby cat, little meow meow" Hyunjin said

"If my name is not fucking written on the cake when y'all are celebrating our birthday, I'm gonna haunt the two of you" she told her sisters who just broke down more.

"Stop crying the fuck it's not like I'm dying- oh, wait, I am dying"

"Just stop crying. It'll be harder for me to rest in peace if y'all will continue crying out loud"

None of them can even utter a word, all they can do is to cry hard. Nothing is more painful than to lose your friend.

"I'll go now..." that came out as a whisper as Hyunjin's heart beat came to a stop.

"HYUNJIN!" Hyeju shouts her sister's name, hoping that she'll open her eyes once again.

They all grieve for Hyunjin's death, not knowing what to do now that they're just eleven now.

-

Hyeju bit her lip as she digs a grave for her sister using her bare hands. She's preventing herself to cry more. She just let her tears silently fall down.

Yerim didn't leave Hyunjin's side, she's still holding her cold hand.

"How can I go on now, Hyun?" she asked her sister.

"How can I live knowing that you're gone now?" Yerim cries, the 1/3 of her is gone and she doesn't know what to do now.

"How can we tell mom and dad that their daughter is gone?" Yerim thought about their parents that are working abroad.

"They're probably so worried for us now"

Korea's situation is definitely gonna make it to the international news.

Yerim hugged Hyunjin's lifeless body. She rest her head on the latter's chest and let herself cry.

"I love you too, Hyun" she said

Hyeju stopped digging, her tears pouring down as she listen to Yerim talking to their dead sister.

Jinsol gave her a comforting smile, "We can do this, Hye. You go to them" she said, and the others nodded, showing that they agree to Jinsol.

They're all working to dig a grave for Hyunjin, they don't want to just leave her there.

Hyeju nods, dusting off her hands before going to Hyunjin, taking the space on her other side and clings to her tightly.

"You're so unfair, bro" she chuckles

"You haven't even achieved your dreams" Hyeju looks at her face.

"I'll open a bakery and name it after you I promise.... I love you, Hyun"