You heard a few audible gasps, while Nighteye looked at you from over his glasses with the same serious expression.

"What makes you say that?" he asked.

You gulped, but glancing at Midoriya and seeing him nod towards you made you continue.

"When my dad died, he told me that his dream was a society where villains could be safe. This is why the League of Villains contacted him as well. What Chisaki wants is probably something similar."

"Such as?" someone else asked, but this time there was no mocking in the tone. Just curiosity.

"A world where the yakuza can bloom again. If what you're saying is true, and Chisaki truly is the number two after my father, then the current situation where they have to scurry about underground isn't ideal for him. But the reason for the extinction is the appearance of quirks. Hence, the bullets with the drug."

"Are you saying he wants to erase quirks for good?" Fatgum turned to you and you nodded, the image of Eri crying flashing in your mind again.

"Since the bullet seems to actually damage the cells, it would be possibly the goal to get it so perfect it would destroy them irreparably. It is not at that level yet, which is why he's probably not selling them. At least the ones we found aren't." you finished the indication in your voice clear enough to make Aizawa kick your chair in warning.

Your eyes were screaming 'we wasted too much time, he might have finished it while torturing that girl'.

"What do you think about this, Nighteye?" Fatgum now turned to the hero at the top of the table.

It was the first time he actually looked proud. At you.

"It is entirely possible. It is a sound theory."

"That means if we save the child, their mission fails too, right?" Ryuko asked and Nighteye nodded.

"Exactly, our goal would be to secure the girl."

"Wait a minute." Lock spoke up again, a scowl spreading on his face. "That girl was only out by luck. On top of that, these kids saw her. Don't you think he would relocate her out of necessity?"

The heroes then went into another lengthy conversation about how to proceed considering this. They have decided to investigate all the different locations affiliated with the Hassaikai, to secure the exact location of Eri.

"That will take ages." you found yourself speaking before you meant to. "Who knows what will happen to her until then?"

"This is the best way to assure her..." Nighteye tried to speak but you interrupted, not really caring if it was disrespectful.

"No, you don't understand. These people are not dumb, they probably already know that you are watching them. Otherwise, Chisaki wouldn't have been that much on guard when we first met. The fact that he saw me and believe me when I say, I saw recognition in his eyes, he probably knows the reason I'm here too. He knows that I'm giving you intel on how these organizations work."

"We are aware of that." Nighteye squinted his eyes at you, his fingers interlacing with each other as he leaned forward. "But the safest option for us and for Eri is being sure. If Overhaul knows that we are watching them, but walks around this freely anyway, that shows that he doesn't give it much thought. He thinks he is prepared. But with the time given, we will be too."

There was no room left for arguments in his words, in the look that he gave you, that made you sink back into your chair, even if you didn't agree with his logic completely.

With that, the plan to rescue Eri was born, and the slow trickle of time towards the day began to flow.

***