Troublemakers

Power On…

/SYSTEM: Hello. What may I help you with today?/

Connect to the designated location please_|

/SYSTEM: Understood. Connecting to Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria…/

No._|

/SYSTEM: Connection stopped. Was that not the location you wanted me to connect to?/

No. Connect to that Unknown location we went to last time._|

/SYSTEM: Apologies. Connecting now…/

/SYSTEM: Would you like to name the connection?/

_|

/SYSTEM: Understood. Renaming connection to: Troublemakers…/

3rd Person POV

River complains in his head as he walks slowly behind Nicholas. Sometimes he wishes that he never hung out with these two in the first place, Nicholas always, always gets them in trouble, and Stace just follows.

When Nicholas came to their high school, he knew exactly who to bother. Neither of them had friends, most people thought that Stacy was too open and kind, and most avoided her, although she didn’t quite understand why. As for River, the simple answer was that he just didn’t like hanging out with people, but the complicated answer was just that he was gay. Even with acceptance displayed from family members, and surprisingly enough his church, the kids at school ignored him ever since he came out. All of his old friends, acquaintances, and everyone in between distanced themselves from him.

He used to be a sort of popular, almost everyone knew him, not because they were outcasting him, but because he was labeled as one of the nice guys. But now, everyone passed him without even sparing a glance. It’s almost like they thought being gay was a disease.

Nicholas, on the other hand, was not an outcast. People had accepted him into their groups as soon as he showed up at the school. But he was looking for petty friends who were only there because they thought he was cool, he wanted friends that wanted to be friends. The outcasts were just the easiest way for him to get there.

He didn’t mind them, to be honest. He liked them better than the friend she had before, those who would betray you and spread rumors just for their moment of popularity.

Even though it seems as if Nicholas had stopped the both of them from being friendless for the rest of their high school years, River still questioned if hanging out with Nicholas was even worth it. By the way, he was walking right now, River knew that they were about to do something that they shouldn’t be doing and that it wasn’t going to end well.

Nicholas moved towards the display case of one of the animatronics, and started to move over the caution tape, not even caring which one he was entering. River rolled his eyes and then began to-

CONNECTION ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

ERROR

/SYSTEM: Reconnecting to known location…./

3rd Person POV

“Hey, Mike. When are we going to head to that mall place?” Cassidy blurts out, the work day is long done. Mike just sighs and rubs his head. Why does it hurt this much?

“Not now Cassidy.” He replies. Gabriel watches but doesn’t say a word. If he’s being completely honest, the last few days have freaked him out. First Cassidy yelling at him and now Mike? He just doesn’t want to be the subject of their anger again.