7| blondie

Shortly trimmed nails etched designs onto pale supple thighs, scratching white lines onto the soft skin until it eventually bloomed a blush colour in the shape of a flower.

The girl kept her head low, eyes concentrated on her legs with furrowed brows and slightly parted lips as she sat in the cushioned auditorium seat.

A hushed groan in her right ear brought the girl out of her dazed state making her look up at the tall boy sat in the seat next to her.

"What?"

"What do you mean what, have you not been listening?," the boy whispered to the girl who always made herself inattentive to whatever bullshit Mr Bournes spouted out of his thin, wrinkly lips during assembly. Lily leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms and legs to only return a questioning shrug to the boy.

She directed her head forward to listen to whatever information the old man was burdening on the students.

"It will start from next week and I expect all of you to take part unless otherwise given reasonable permission not to."

"What is he on about?" Lily queried as she turned to the boy next to her, dread starting to sweep over her for what activities she is going to be forced into.

"PE sessions," Izara mumbled to the left of the girl paired with an irritated eye roll.

"Ew."

"My exact thoughts." Hazel eyes turned to glance at the blonde. Physical education was not mandatory for sixth formers so Lily was rather perplexed to why the school thought it was a good idea to add sport on top of their already busy time table.

She went to further question the brunette next to her when her eyes diverted off to the right, locking with a baleful gaze that contained a hidden warning to the three students who were far to chatty for her liking.

Next to the short decrepit maths teacher who shot daggers into the mass off students loomed a tall figure who towered over her. Breaking her blank stare into the distance, she glanced to the older colleague next to her. The brunette kept her hands loosely stuffed into her trousers pockets, her gaze moving to side eye down at the woman to then follow her stare of forbidding daggers that she threw into the rows of seated pupils until they reached one particular student in the gossiping trio.

Aurora's brow kicked up when that particular blonde student turned to whisper to the girl next to her and finally noticed the intense glaring she was receiving from the other teacher for the past few minutes. The young girls eyes widened slightly which didn't go unnoticed by the tall woman before she quickly swivelled back forward in her seat with puckered lips, folding her arms like a petulant child.

Lightly shaking her head, the woman failed to repress a faint smile that tug on the corner of her naturally dark pink lips at the girls callowness.

A scoff from the tight lipped hag caused Lily's head to turn back to the old woman who returned her gaze back to the head teacher.

"Dusty old coffin-dodger," Lily mumbled to herself, her eyes becoming drawn to taller figure next to the maths teacher.

Playful green eyes bore into hers as the brunette woman mimicked her pouted expression to which Lily rolled her eyes and turned her head away as her cheeks tinged a darker colour at the woman's jocular patronising.