12| side effects

The woman placed a rigorous hand on the distinguishably languid girls forearm as she swayed to the side before completely collapsing.

"Lily?" She had questioned the blonde girl a final time before her whole body collapsed forward towards her rather than plummeting downward to the unyielding ground below, almost like her body had been consistently suppressing its gravitation to the woman, so as her mind lost its consciousness and control over the her body that newly unbound magnetism drew her forward like a moth to a flame in hopes that the more forgiving and nurturing body of the woman would catch her fall.

Implemented from a visceral instinct, as the girls head became cushioned against her chest from the impact the older woman's arm swiftly snaked around her lithe waste enshrouded by a knit navy cotton jumper that shaped the girls gentle curves. With long, slender fingers from one hand wrapped around the blonde's forearm and the palm of the other placed on her lower back, the woman pressed the small girl into her torso to prevent her decent to Hawthorne's solid wooden floors.

But her efforts to steady the senseless girl and keep her hand appropriate at the same time became meaningless, as the girl started to slip down out of her weak grasp the woman had no choice but to move her hand further around to the other side of her waist to fully enclose her behind her lean arm, pressing her firmly into her in a single armed hug.

"God Lily, are you alright?" Peering down with furrows brows and frantic eyes at the girl, the woman received no conscious acknowledgement to her concerns and was instead graced with the side of Lily's face squashed against her breasts. The woman felt a troublesome thump in her chest as her erratic heart raced conspicuously as if it imprisoned a bird that beat itself against the indestructible metal bars of her heart, and it daunted over her as she struggled to decipher its origin.

As she unknowingly admired the girls features Aurora was amazed by how peaceful her face was. With pouty pink lips that rested slightly apart, Lily's soft breath faintly indented its presence into the white fabric of the woman's shirt in the form of a small ripple with a graze so slight that only a perceptive eye could notice such an intricate detail.

Aurora had never really given herself the chance to fully indulge in how truly gorgeous this girl was. Only now as she peered down at the long, dark lashes that framed her Bambi eyes that always stared up at her in awe, she could really appreciate it. And whether she wanted to acknowledge it or not, the delicate freckles that speckled across the girls porcelain cheeks and nose where her favourite of all– just like stars in a galaxy surrounded by the star dust of much smaller and fainter freckles. A sea of constellations, with an new added addition of deep scarlet shooting star that beamed through it in the form of a gash across the girls button nose.

Even her aroma made Aurora swallow thickly as the tickling sent of sweet vanilla consumed her senses. "Shit."

Removing her eerily focused gaze from the girl, the woman lifted her head and glanced around the room as if she was trying to search for an answer to the plethora of questions streaming through her mind on the walls of the classroom. Then she called out, hoping that someone wondering the corridor outside would here her plea for help but alas, she received no reply.

Having limited options on what to do when a student is passed out in her arms, the woman knew she needed to take the girl to the medical room, and so with that decision Aurora placed a tight grip around the girls shoulders and bent down to scoop her up from behind her legs, picking the small girl up in a swift motion to carry her in her arms bridal style.