Chapter 88: "True Happiness"

Start from the beginning

Suddenly we both turned to the sound of a beep above from one of the intercoms, as for a second I thought it was Duality. However it was someone else who I had thought I heard their voice for one last time.

"Connection terminated. I'm sorry to interrupt you old friend, that is if you are still alive to hear this. If you are I am sure you are convinced what you are doing for this world is right, especially after the information I was given from Duality."

To think I would hear Henry's voice again, perhaps for one last time. It had seemed Duality had made a connection to Henry, perhaps one last action. After all it had seemed Duality had perished if HandUnit wasn't active. Or was this his sign of still being around? 

"You may think you giving the world a gift, a present as to give them what they've always wanted. Someone to look up to and thank. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. They will not receive a gift or a call they thought someone would finally answer. Instead people like Michael and Freddy answered the call. In a way you were all called here, into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't realize that you are trapped! Your lust for blood has driven you in endless cycles, masking it as necessary to destroy evil. Thinking you are the world's savior where it is quite the opposite. You are the worlds devil. The worlds incarnation of evil. This is where your story ends. And to you, Michael Afton, who somehow and unfortunately fell into this depth of cruelty and evil, I thank you for fighting against fate to be come a better person and not follow into your father's footsteps. Although, there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are... right where you want to be. I am remaining as well, I am nearby. This place will not be remembered, at least not the way you think. The world will finally learn everything that has happened, what William has done, and everyone that either lost their lives or something much more precious to some, will finally find peace. The world will finally see William as a monster. And to those other monsters trapped in the corridors and that still live, be still, and give your spirits, they don't belong to you. For most of you, I believe there is peace, and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although for one of you, the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting old friend... My daughter, if you can hear me, I always knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry on that day... the day you were shut out, and left to die, no one was there to lift you up into their arms... the way you lifted others into yours. And then: what become of you. I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear. Not my daughter. I couldn't save you then... so let me save you now. It's time to rest, for you, and for those you have carried in your arms. My friend, Funtime Freddy, I'm glad we met. I knew from the first instance your destiny lied with putting to rest William's actions and crimes against our world. Your existence was a testament to showing technology could be used for good, as well as coexisting with humanity. If anything you're this world's ideology for those ideas, and perhaps the world may recognize you as one of your own. May you find you heaven... The nightmare will finally end, a endless dream the world hasn't woken up from up. This ends for all of us. End communication." 

A beep followed the end of Henry's words, as William stared at the intercom still. He seemed to be speechless and unsure of what to say, as I shared the same feeling. Perhaps this was Henry's farewell to all of us and everything the name Freddy Fazbear's had endured. He was right though this was going to end for all of us. I noticed the remote for The Resurrecter on the ground, as I slowly grabbed it and held it near my left hand so William wouldn't be able to see it. "He can't tell them," said William. "HE CAN'T TELL THEM!" William started acting irrational again as I could see he was angry once more. "I SHOULD'VE KILLED HIM WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE! HE'S GOING TO LIE TO THE WORLD AND HAVE THEM THINK I'M THE VILLAIN HERE! HE'S GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!" yelled William. "YOU CONVINCED HIM, DIDN'T YOU?! TO TELL THE WORLD EVERYTHING! BECAUSE OF YOU NOBODY WILL FIND TRUE HAPPINESS!" "Do you... e-even know w-what... true... happiness... is? It's the purest... f-form of... h-happiness... Not... t-temporary happiness you... get f-for a... m-moment... and forget... later o-on. True happiness... i-is when it... is... something you... c-can remember far... into... the f-future... or when y-you think... about it c-can... a-always... make you... f-feel... h-happy and... s-smile at the thought... of... i-it... I found... m-mine... when I met... F-Foxy, m-married... her... and h-had... friends... at my s-side... They m-may all b-be gone... but... j-just remembering t-them makes... me smile... T-that's... true happiness... " I said. "Y-You... found y-yours... when you... m-met Margaret, yet you d-d-destroyed... it w-when... you got her killed... a-and... brought h-her... back... to life a-as a-a... former shell... o-of herself... W-What t-true... happiness will t-the world g-get... when p-people will... lose... l-loved one's... regardless... o-of... what... t-they did? S-Some may... be criminals, s-some may b-be liars... and s-some m-m-may... even b-be murders. The thing... is p-people w-will a-always mourn... f-family, regardless o-of what t-they... d-did... If there's... a-a worse f-feeling of... l-losing... a... friend... a-a pet, or s-someone... you k-know, it's family... that h-hits the... most a-at home... And I-I'm sure... it h-hurt... when M-Margaret was... taken from... y-you... " "Don't you dare talk about her like that," said William softly. "DON'T YOU DARE!" "She c-couldn't... have known... w-what you w-were... before... b-but s-she d-d-does now... How do... y-you t-think... s-she... see's y-you... as? D-Does s-she... s-still love... you? A-After... e-everything... you did? A-After bringing... a-a p-part... o-of her back t-to l-l-life? Do... you t-think she i-is proud... o-of what... y-you've... d-done?" I asked. "YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW THAT!" screamed William at me. "Think... a-about it... If she w-were... here... r-right now,  she... w-would wish... s-she had n-never met... you... s-she... probably v-views you... t-the way a-as all... of u-us do... A... m-monster," I tried to say. William aimed the gun closer to me as he got ready to fire the gun at my head once again and finish me off. 

"Henry's right. This ends, for all of you. But not me... Any last words?"

"Y-You.. first... "

Before William knew it I had pressed the button for The Resurrecter as it went straight through his chest, all while blood splattered across the floor and some onto me. He slowly looked down at the claw through his chest as he dropped the gun onto the floor now, as slowly looked back at me while gargling from the blood.

"I-I-I... w-was... supposed... t-t-to d-do... g-g-good... B-B-Be... a-a... h-hero... " 

"L-Like I-I said... Y-You n-never... were."

William stopped gargling as his body went limp, all while The Resurrecter retracted out of William's lifeless body and back into its place. His body lied in a pool of blood now forming from his body as I stared at him for a moment before finally looking away, not needing to look at it no more. I did it. I had managed to kill William. Years of tragedy and loss, and the mastermind behind it all was finally gone. It felt weird knowing it was me, a creation of William meant to replace, his own creations that had ultimately lead him to his defeat. Finally everyone affected by William would rest peacefully that one less monster was gone from this world, perhaps the worst of his kind. Still as much as he was a monster, I understood what drove him to become what he was today. If only there was anything left to save him, but I guess it was already too late. There was nothing more we would've done but put down the monster. 

I slowly looked up at the glass case above at the souls still floating around, as I noticed another one had joined the rest of them. I slowly looked at the gun in the pool of blood as I slowly reach for it. I had never felt this much pain in my life, especially with how my systems were basically on the verge of shutting down at any moment. I managed to grab the gun before I slowly aimed it above at the glass case where the broken part of it was. I fired one shot at the glass case as it began to crack even more, though it seemed it needed one more bullet. I was sure I had one bullet left, which meant I had to ensure I used it accordingly. I slowly aimed the gun at one major part of the crack, making sure it was aligned properly before I felt I was ready to fire. Finally the last shot was fired as I managed to hit the crack I was aiming for, as the glass exploded into pieces and fell onto me and the floor. The souls floated down out of the case as I stared at them, and gave my last goodbye to those that would reach heaven. 

"May y-y-you... r-rest in... piece... E-Elizbeth, Cassidy... C-Charlie, and... Michael... and... everyone... "

Their spirits finally disappeared, leaving to find peace and be reunited with each other. Finally their fight was over. I slowly felt the back of my head, noticing where the bullet went through my head had also damaged my memory chip. I was just surprised I had managed to stay online for this long, but I knew my time was up. The fire engulfing further towards this room was another indication, though at least I would rest knowing our mission was completed and the world was saved. It felt comforting... in a weird way. Finding peace with the fires from hell around me, but knowing an angel would still come down and carry me to heaven. I just had a feeling. My vision was going away as I slowly rested my head down and waited to meet the darkness, though this time knowing a part of me would reside and live on finding his own peace at the end of all this. I would see everyone again and be reunited forever. I was only keeping them waiting, so perhaps it was time to stop delaying and meet them already.

"May... w-w-we a-all... f-find... our... h-heaven... " I said finally as I felt my eyes close and allow darkness to take over. Finally becoming nothing more but a memory.

"M-May... w-we... a-a-all f-find... t-t-true... happiness... "