It was like the labyrinth, but different. When I enter the labyrinth, it's like all the air surrounding you forces you to come in, but you don't feel the wind. But for this, I could see the darkness, the wispy shadows grab and pull me in. and for a second it felt... peaceful.

I felt the darkness surround my body, a creeping cold that stretched across my skin. It was like being at the bottom of a freezing lake, but there was a difference, a sliver of dread crawling up your spine. It felt inviting, the shadows whispering into my ears to take a nap, one that I could never wake up from.

Then I woke up.

And the music in my head went from singing O'death by ralph stanly to sult of Dionysus by the Orion experience.

also

I know that I literally have the power of sass but I think I might also have the power of sarcasm, because recently it seems like whatever I say the opposite happens.

I will spend the rest of my life poor.

It didn't do anything, but remembering the daedalus-bot and how it dropped money when I killed it, I think I'll get rich very soon.

After all, that was a tiny robot that dropped 300 $, these are immortal, serial killer... zombies. And also an insane cult leader.

Why am I doing this again?

Oh yeah, because three ancient ladies known for causing misery and woe in the lives of anyone they interact with, gave me a key and told me to fight these things.

I should get a cat scan.

But for now, I'll fight.

I looked around the room I was in, it was a single long corridor, made up of black bricks outlined with gold. And those were illuminated by torches lit with a small green spark of fire.

I walked down the corridor, taking out water bottles from my inventory and putting them on the floor, and arrived at a semicircular room. It looked like the same ones except for the 8 sleeping, or so I think, men lying down in slanted coffins that were etched into the wall.

The men looked shriveled, like the fates, but these guys made the fates look youthful. The fates have a bluish gray skin that was wrinkled like prunes. But these people were like burnt trees carved into human shape.

Their flesh was black and twisted, and their organs must have deteriorated or something because from the outside it looked like they had none. Their skin was shriveled to the bone, that included their eyes. They had no eyelids or eyes, just shriveled skin that went into their eye holes.

The only youthful thing about them was a patch of skin in the shape of Hades staff.

It made me think of how people used to brand cattle. But this is different, this is a god, branding humans as cursed beings. A brand that they will carry with them for the rest of their immortal lives, a reminder of their foolishness.

And then there was the centerpiece of the room. Surrounded by a black carpet, was a well. And in that well was mostly dust, but the things that haven't been turned to dust, were bones, countless bones.

There was a bone that caught my eye, a skull, no bigger than my fist. The skull of a baby.

What was wrong with these people?

"Raaauuughh."

...

What was that?

I looked up and saw my answer.

There were 9 people, I saw 8 but I didn't notice the demigod. Until his ugly ass face was looking at mine from across the well.

He looked the same as the others, but there was something about him, the way he moved the way he 'looked' at me. I don't know what but I just know something is wrong about him.