Chapter 33

A smile made its way to her face as she felt the sun's rays on her face. The memories from last night were still fresh in her mind. Spending the whole time with Steve. She looked at her ring causing the smile to spread wider.

Getting out of bed she changed into comfy clothes, planning to miss the training, and walked out to eat something.

She was on her way to the kitchen when Tony met her, in the living room.

He smirked at her before glancing towards her hands, probably knowing what had happened.
Steve!!? She internally screamed.

Tony looked back at her face, "Well, congratulations hun" she was about to open her mouth to reply but he wasn't done.

"Finally, capiscle is about to pop his cherry, or did he already? " he snickered as if it was funny.

"Not only him." another voice came, causing her to frown. Damon came in front of them with a smirk. She looked at him with confusion.

"She's als―" he was about to say.

"Shut up" she cut him off.

"You knew?" she questioned showing her finger.

Damon shrugged, "well umm... Yeah I guess" she kept staring at both of them.

"Well, finally you both would be together." Tony smiled and Damon nodded in encouragement trying to divert her attention, not wanting her to investigate him.

"And tell me if you are going to move on his floor or him on yours, as I need to renovate one of the floors to make it bigger, though you don't live here, but still. Maybe we'll have some little versions of you soon so..." he kept rambling without noticing the drop of her smile and the worried look Damon gave her.

She sighed and excused herself, there was one thing she forgot in all her happiness. A thing she needed to tell him...

~

Steve entered her room only to see her sitting on the bed with a long face, causing him to sigh.

"What happened babe?" he asked softly walking towards her.

She looked at him before blurting out. "Steve" she whispered and nodded encouraging her to speak, as he sat next to her.

"You remember how we used to talk about all of this, being married, living together in a small cozy house with a dog and a cat.."

He chuckled at her words, of course, he remembered, "yes, I remember how you fought me to have a dog, not a cat because cats don't like you" (I'm sorry if you are a cat person)

"And we came on a mutual decision of having a cat and a dog" he smiled.

But she wasn't smiling which caused him to frown, "and a family too. We wanted a family too, remember?" she whispered looking into his eyes.

His expressions change, a sadness filling his eyes. She remembers him talking to her about this, a day before he would go to fight for his country. They talked about their married life, she remembered the way his eyes shined when she hesitantly asked him about kids. She was happy the moment he started about that topic, so involved as she wanted that too.

"I ― I can't―" she stopped, looking away. Steve felt bad, seeing her like that. He knew where this was going, he knew what was on her mind.

He grabbed her hands causing her to look his way, a soft look in his eyes. "I remember y/n. A life together was the plan, is the plan. Everything else doesn't matter. And I know what is in your mind so hear me carefully because I'm not going to repeat it"