Chapter 11

It's been two years, everything seemed fine so far. Damon started to date Elena, thanks to y/n. y/n started to work in mystic falls hospital. She became the part of Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie's group. Damon started taking interest in the council. Everything seemed fine.

Their life was normal in those two years. Nothing insane happened or even if something happened they were too busy living their lives.

But of course, they weren't normal, their lives were meant to be shitty and messy so after two years of break, they went back to work.

It was a normal day, y/n was the first one to wake up and made breakfast for the lazy Salvatore.

They both were going out with their dates. Of course, Damon didn't want to leave her alone. He was whining that she should also join them, making her remember Steve and Bucky's double dates.

The doorbell rang and Damon opened the door to reveal Elena. He greeted her with a kiss which was too inappropriate considering the presence of others. y/n cleared her throat causing him to break the kiss. He looked at her with a smile but only got a glare in return.

"y/n, you should also come with u,.." Elena said sitting on the couch. "Look! I was telling her the same." Damon said before she could say anything.

She sighed "I don't want to be a third wheel or fifth wheel?" she said. "Well, then you should also start to date someone you know. Then you won't be a burden on us and it could be a relief to your tensions you know ''Damon said, smirking. Before y/n could do something Elena hit his head causing him to glare at her. "Thanks, Elena" y/n said.

Stefen and Caroline came downstairs causing everyone to look at them. "Ooh! So the girl stayed last night. Scandalous." Damon said. Everyone ignored his comment and got up to leave.

y/n stayed at home. She wanted to spend someone with herself. What she didn't know was that she wouldn't find any time for herself.

After about an hour she got a call from a panicked Damon telling her to meet at the grill ASAP.

~

When y/n arrived there everything was messed up. Elena was nowhere to be seen. Damon Stefen and caroline were fighting men. She felt someone's eyes on her but she couldn't find who's eyes they were.

Suddenly a man came, held Elena by her hair. Her head was bleeding and it felt like she was about to faint. Her hands and mouth were tied. He helped her sit on a chair as if expecting her to enjoy watching her friends fight.

When Damon saw that man and Elena, y/n knew what's going to happen. Damon, without thinking, jumped upon that man but y/n got in between them. It all happened so fast, no one could understand what really happened.

y/n pushed Damon out of the way and the hand that man was about to enter in Damon's chest went into y/n's, to her heart. They both were standing there looking into each other's eyes. He wanted to see the fear in her eyes but there was nothing, no fear no anger in her eyes. They were empty. She could feel the color starting to disappear from her body. She started to desiccate.

He didn't pull her heart out, he just held it in his hand and gave it a squeeze making the pain unbearable just wanting to get a reaction from her.

She did want to scream but knew it would give him that satisfaction. If she was going to die, she would die with honor. without giving her killer the satisfaction to see her pain. She was waiting for her death, for the man to pull her heart out but it never came.

Suddenly that man was pushed by another man, who seemed much more graceful than him.

He held him by his shoulders "she is not her, can't you see that." he growled looking at Elena, bleeding.

"You think I care, I just want the doppelganger, I don't care who it is." the other one said, trying to free himself. "You left me no choice" and with that, he snapped his neck and they both vanished.

y/n inhaled deeply, trying to calm her down. Damon came to her "are you okay?" he said with a hand on her shoulder. She looked in his eyes, she knew he wanted to say a lot of things. She didn't reply and just nodded. Damon went to Elena, freed her hand. She tried to get up but was too weak. Damon fed her his blood and helped to stand her.

On the other hand, Stefen was also helping Caroline. She was hurt too, as human fighting those men were indeed brave of her, just like her mother.

"Next time I am going to be a third wheel no matter what. You guys indeed need someone to babysit, always getting into trouble." y/n joked making everyone chuckle.

~

After getting Elena and Caroline home safely they returned to the Salvatore house. y/n straight went to her bed, feeling exhausted mentally. After a few moments, she heard footsteps which she knew were Damon's. But she kept her eyes closed.

Damon sat beside her and took her hand. A few seconds he didn't say anything. Just watched her like he got another chance. "You are a terrible friend. Do you know that? Do you have any idea what I'd have to go through If you'd have died today, huh? Years of guilt. Crippling, self-loathing, guilt. Not to mention the resentment I'd feel if I was forced to break in a new drinking buddy. You are not supposed to die for me y/n." That made her chuckle and opened her eyes. "I had to do something, you were about to break your promise. To, not to leave me ever," she said smiling.

"So you were about to give me punishment? By dying? Never do that again y/n. Just like you, I need my best friend too, I want you to promise me the same." he said and she could see the tears in his eyes just like years ago when she said not to complete her transition. "I promise," she whispered, making him smile through his tears.....