Chapter 25

It had been a month since they sent Steve on the mission. There were no signs of his whereabouts. Not only y/n begin to worry but also the rest of the team.

She was marching towards fury's office, without knocking she barged in as if it was her right to do. Fury though didn't look shocked or impressed.

"I am going after him" she declared.

With his natural. Bored expressions he went back to his work, "I expected this from you, two weeks before."

His supposed to be a joke wasn't amusing for her.

"I will leave tomorrow morning and need some weapons as well," she said.

"And a team too, I can't send someone to find your ass too." this is the first time he showed interest since she entered the room.

"Well, I can't take the whole team not being sure if he is safe or not, or maybe it's just a trap? We all go there and something happens here?" she sighed.

"I'll go there alone, give me a jet and weapons...." "and a backup" fury nodded at her words.

"And no one needs to know about this"

With that, she marched outside preparing for the rescue mission for her oldie lover, this time she won't let him go. She picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Damon...."

~

"Y/n" Steve called out, wearing his military suit.

They won the war, he came back to the love of his life just as planned.

She turned with a bright smile on her face. Her eyes were filled with surprise.

"Steve?" She whispered as if couldn't believe he was there in front of her.

He walked towards her ready to embrace her but suddenly smile faded, she looked as if, was in pain.

Suddenly she started to scream. Steve tried to run towards her but something forced him to stop.

She looked at him, her eyes turning red, filled with blood. Suddenly her fangs came out causing her more pain.

All Steve wanted was to ease her pain somehow but he couldn't move.

"I am monster" y/n started to whisper hysterically. She was repeating over and over and Steve watched her with pained expressions.

He couldn't understand why she was saying this, "what are you saying, honey?"

A deep, concerned frown on his face.

"She is right" another unfamiliar voice came. He looked towards the source. A girl with brown eyes and hair was standing there.

A venomous sneer covered her face. He had never met that girl before, but he could tell she was no good.

~

Steve woke up with a gasp, his breath was heaving, face covered with sweat.

"Finally back to the world of consciousness" that voice came but this time it was real, not a dream. He looked up to see her face but only heard the steps on her heels as she was coming near him. The room was dark, the only source of light was a light bulb hanging on him.

When she came near enough, he was shocked to see her face again.

She smirked seeing his expressions.

"It's time to introduce myself properly now, I am Katherine Pierce. That dream girl of yours." She said winking at him.

~

Y/n jumped off the jet, ready to go inside the hydra base, hoping Steve would be there.

Luckily there was no one outside. But still, she was cautious, thinking it could be a trap.

Going inside she regretted not taking the team members with her, could use one or two right now.

Finding Steve in that area was so difficult. She wasn't even sure if he was even there or not.

And by the peaceful quiet atmosphere, it didn't look like anyone was there.

Suddenly two hydra agents were coming towards her, she pointed her gun towards them and started to shoot.

She heard more agents coming from behind too.

She kicked one of them but they were strong and knew they weren't the ordinary ones. They were vamps.

Turning towards them she started to fight them.

Shot a wooden bullet towards the agents while one agent instantly was grabbing her neck.

She forced her hand inside his chest and pulled his heart out.

Suddenly she felt something inserting inside her neck and she felt the darkness surrounding her....