Chapter 2

It’s been five years since that night when Damon decided to make his dinner, his best friend. And that happened because of their loved war soldiers, their friends which they couldn’t talk to anymore, one because his soldier was dead and the other had his own brotherly issues.

And after five years they were still sitting in that shitty pub where they first met, celebrating friendversary and her anniversary with Steve. But now she wasn’t crying, she didn’t cry over Steve anymore like she used to do. Surely she missed him a lot and still didn’t get over her childhood love but she wasn’t ruining her life and focusing on her career knowing that Steve would have wanted that for her. Deep down she knew this change in her was because of Damon because now she wasn’t alone, she got her best friend who would always spill everything out of her against her will.

After her shift was over she straight went to the pub knowing Damon was waiting for her for 2 hours. And he was sitting there with angry expressions on his face but that didn’t scare y/n. She only chuckled and went towards him. “I’m so sorry, Damon,” she said sitting on the chair. “You said two hours but forgot to mention what planet’s it was,” he said sarcastically but made her roll her eyes. “First, that was lame, and second, an emergency came up and I just couldn’t call and I already said sorry,” she replied with a tight smile. “Well, I don’t accept your apology. If you want me to accept your apology then you have to pay for dinner,” he said with a sweet smile. 

“Wow, what a gentleman you are Damon. Now I know why you are still single,” she said, winking at him. “Oh God y/n you just broke my heart, I thought we were a thing,” he gasped, placing a hand on his heart. He wanted to say she wasn’t dating someone either but didn’t, knowing that would just ruin her mood. Every Time he tried to set her up with someone, she would snap at him.

 “Shut up, drama queen.” she hit his arm playfully. They both ordered their food and continued their bickering. 

~

After dinner, Damon walked y/n home and they said goodbye. She entered her house and sighed happily. 

After taking a shower and wearing comfortable clothes she came downstairs and went to the kitchen. Even though she was full because of her dinner with Damon, this was important to her.

She pulled out a cake that she baked and put it on the dining table, near Steve’s photo albums. One was her little Stevie boy who would always come to her after getting beaten by bullies which he didn’t like. And the other was the famous war hero Captain America or you could say, Captain Rogers. No matter how bulky and handsome Captain Rogers was but for her, her little Stevie would always be her favorite with whom she had fallen in love. but that didn’t mean she never found Captain Rogers hot and sexy and thought about him while going to bed. But that’s the story of another time. Right now she was lighting the candles up only to blow them after cutting the cake. Then she took Steve’s photo in her hand and gently caressed the picture like she would do to his face if he would be alive. “No matter how many years would go by, Steve, I’ll always love you,” she whispered, wiping the tears from her face that just left out of her eyes.

~

The next morning was the same, shift at the hospital, checking her patients, the usual.

After her shift she went home, Damon was nowhere to be found. He wasn’t receiving his calls and he was the only friend she had. The women her age were married and had kids and they were usually seen at parties or parks with their kids, so having them as friends was kind of impossible. 

So right now she was bored and pissed at Damon, thinking he had left somewhere without telling you. In the past five years, he would disappear into the air only to come back a few weeks ago or sometimes months. It would always leave her with a lot of questions but somehow she couldn't ask him. Like she hadn't control over herself. 

So knowing that the coming few weeks she had to spend herself she sighed and decided to go for a walk. 

~

The sun was about to set making the sky look magnificent. She was enjoying the view until she heard a heart-wrenching scream making her alert. She went in the direction where it came from. When she got there her blood got cold. A man sinking his teeth into a woman's throat making her scream in pain. The man was so busy feeding on her blood, he didn't notice y/n there. But she could definitely see the man and that made her more hurt and scared, more than she'd ever in her life. "Damon" she whispered like she could not believe that was real. 

Her whisper made him look at her, his red eyes filled with blood made her sick. Seeing her there made him drop that woman in his arms, he looked at y/n with scared-filled eyes. 

He knew at some point she'd know what he was but didn’t want her to see the dark side. He wanted her to see the perks of being what he was. 

“y/n I...I can explain,” he said and sauntered towards her. But y/n was too scared and shocked to think anything. She just raised her hand as if telling him to stop and turned around. Her body was shaking with fear, as soon as she turned around she started to run, hoping that was just a nightmare and at some point, she would wake up. But never came, she never woke up, she could hear Damon screaming at her to stop, she could feel her heartbeat getting faster thinking he was coming to kill her too as now she knew that he was a monster. The feelings, the fear, everything was too real to be a nightmare.

And the last hope of waking up was crushed by a large truck that hit her so hard, that she knew she was going to die.