Epilogue

I was sitting in a diner, it was kinda late to sit there alone but I couldn't help. Twisting the ring on my finger I smiled. 

I smiled thinking about life, my life. How my life changed through these years. How I have changed, barely keeping myself together after losing everything to now having everything. From being a doctor I sometimes forget to be an avenger.

I sighed in satisfaction, surely everything happens for a reason and I wouldn't change anything in my life. All these things have taught me in a way. And I knew there are so many things yet to come as I have a new mission in life, finding him.

"Hey are you ok?" a man spoke in a husky voice like he tried to attract me through his voice. I sighed and looked at him. 

He was staring at me with his intense blue eyes contrasting wonderfully against his darkened lashes and eyebrows and a bad-boy smile

I just stared at him unimpressed. "Yes, i"m fine, thanks for your concern though" my reply came out in an annoyed tone just like I intended it to be. 

"Well, you don't look fine to me" he chuckled. 

I just ignored him but he was so stubborn.  Suddenly he sat down infront of me. He mentioned the server and ordered a drink. Same as I was drinking. 

When the server left I was about to say something but he took my hands and I looked at him in surprise. "What is your problem?" 

"Tell me what's wrong?" he asked looking in my eyes but I couldn't do it anymore and broke out of my character, as he couldn't compel me this time. 

Seeing me laughing he scoffed, "weren't laughing the first time I came to you, you were crying on your anniversary with your dead fiance." 

"Well, now I'm married to that man so― I'm happy" I smiled. 

"Where is he now anyway," Damon asked, taking the drink from the server. 

"Fury called him for something important" I shrugged. 

"Just after the honeymoon?" he said with a confused face. I chuckled and nodded. "He is a captain so―" I told him in a proud voice about my husband.

"And why are you here?" he asked, taking a sip. 

"Well, I just wanted to celebrate my nth friendiversary with you" I smiled and raised my drink for some cheers. 

"And you also wanted to talk?" I said after some moments. He cleared his throat. 

"Yes and please remain normal and calm okay?" I frowned and nodded to him to continue. 

"We detected him," he said, a smile covering his face. 

"Are you serious?" I whispered not believing him. But he nodded. 

"He'll be here in a few weeks, pierce is having him. But before they could lay hands on him or use him we can take him from them. This won't be easy but―" 

He kept telling him but she stopped him with an unexpected hug. He smiled and hugged her back. 

"Thank you" she smiled at him breaking the hug. 

"Kaus and Elijah will be here with Katherine in a few days and we will start working. Okay?" I just nodded at his words.  

We kept talking, I felt at peace, after so long. Suddenly my phone rang, steve telling me he was there to pick me up. 

We both walked outside after paying. Steve was there waiting for me on his bike. I smiled and walked toward him. He and Damon greeted and talked a bit. 

Damon raffled my hair and said farewell before walking towards his car. We both watched as he waved and drove away. I looked at Steve who had his eyes on me.

I remember the guilt after taking the blood, having no reason to live. But deep down there was some hope, can't say it was him to return. There was hope, maybe a false hope? And the day I saw him on the news looking so confused, a sad little puppy, I realized, it's okay to have false hope too. 

Maybe you won't get the exact thing you hoped for but you will get something. And we all know that something is better than nothing ;)

Suddenly Steve screamed my name bringing me back to the world. "You okay?"

 I nodded.

I stood up on my toes and placed a feather kiss on his lips. "I love you" I whispered. 

"I love you more" he replied with a smile which I didn't return. I gave him a serious look causing him to frown. 

"Love me more? You wanna fight on that?" I threatened and he just laughed. 

I sat on the back and he started the bike. The wind passed through my hair and felt cool against my skin. At that moment I thanked myself to choosing this life, a new life. 

I wrapped my arms around him and placed my head on his back, I thanked him for this life, our new life....
.
.
A/N: I know this isn't a very satisfactory end like there could be a sequel but at this point, I don't have any plan to write another part but for the future...you never know ;)