Chapter 23

The annoying sound of her alarm made her groan. For a moment her mind was blank, why the hell was she awake at 6 in the morning. 

Suddenly everything started to work and she remembered her training with the black widow.

Changing into a yoga suit she grabbed an apple and jogged towards the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ. greeting the grumpy receptionist she went towards the gym, in the basement. 

"On time huh" nat greeted her with a smirk. She walked towards her looking around the gym. Her eyes met Steve's who was already there for training. Their eyes met for a moment but she looked away.

"Well, needed to impress you guys. Especially the captain" she replied without looking towards him. 

She knew he was looking, she could feel his gaze. "I think he is more than impressed," Nat said looking towards him. 

Steve instantly averted his gaze, clearing his throat. 

Y/n unzipped her jacket revealing her sports bra. It was getting difficult for him to stay there, he wasn't used to seeing women like that, and now seeing her was making him awkward.  

"Shall we start?" y/n said taking her position. 

Both women started to fight, she dodged the punches Nat threw at her. "You've got good reflexes, hun," Nat said, making her smirk. 

y/n kicked her legs and made her fall onto the knees. But before she could straddle her, nat pulled y/n towards her, pinned her onto the floor, and straddle her. "I like being on top"  both of them chuckled at her remark. 

After two hours of training, Nat finally, let her go. 

"You were pretty good considering it was your time," nat remarked.

She thanked the tiring training sessions with Damon and Stephen. She chuckled thinking how she used to curse them both and being thankful to them.

After getting out of the gym she was all ready to go back home. A part of her wanted to go to see Steve. 

She hadn't met him as if she longed to be in his arms all those years. 

But she didn't want to give him false hope either, hope to be normal again like before because she wasn't normal anymore.

Y/n sighed and walked out of the building when suddenly he called out her name.

She closed her eyes before turning towards him with a smile.

"Are you going home?" He asked.

"Umm. Yes," she whispered, playing with her ring. 

Suddenly Steve's smile dropped and he nodded.

"Goodbye y/n" he turned and started to walk inside. 

She didn't know why he suddenly got so upset.

"Hey, Stevie" he turned to look at her.

"Wanna come for dinner at my place" she awkwardly inverted him.

Steve seemed a bit hesitant but agreed.

~

Steve's POV:

I couldn't believe she was alive. I wanted to ask her but she was hesitant about this topic so I let it go.

Maybe we both need some time to be like before. 

I continued working out with these thoughts in my mind when suddenly she entered the room.

It was so weird seeing her in the workout outfit. I'd never seen her like that before.

Suddenly I realized I was staring like a creepy and instantly averted my gaze. 

I knew both Nat and she was smirking noticing me. Nat kept teasing me but I ignored them and continued to do my work, or well I tried to do.

My attention went back to y/n, seeing her fight with Nat. It didn't look as if it was her time training. Maybe she learned to fight in all those years. 

But how is she alive? Again those thoughts came into my mind bothering me. 

"I like being on top" Nat's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I looked towards them.

She was on top on y/n and they both were laughing, knowing how awkward that comment would make me.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the gym, didn't want to become a target of those two.

Two hours past and I was still waiting for y/n to come out so I could talk to her. And finally, she came but didn't come into the common area.

She started to walk downstairs, it made me sad to see her go without talking to me.

I knew everything couldn't be normal just like that but it felt as if she was ignoring me on purpose.

I ran behind her and called her. She turned and smiled, a forced smile. 

"Are you going home?" I asked.

"Umm...yes" she replied timidly, playing with her fingers, not looking at my eyes. 

She was nervous. She always avoided looking in the eyes whenever she felt nervous.

I was about to ask what was bothering her but suddenly nothing came out of my mouth when I noticed a ring on her ring finger.

It had a bright blue stone in it, totally different from the ring I gave her. 

That was why she was distant.  I felt my heart stop for a moment but I didn't blame her. How could I blame her, she has every right to live happily.

"Goodbye y/n," I said and turned to walk back inside.

I wouldn't make it difficult for her, I would distance myself from her. 

"Hey, Stevie" my breath hitched at that name. My eyes were getting wet but I turned towards her.

"Wanna come for dinner at my place," she asked awkwardly. In another situation, I've laughed at how she seemed. 

I didn't know why she was inviting me, maybe telling me about her new life.

I nodded and muttered and yes and walked inside.
.
.
.

A/N: please don't hate me after reading this lol 🤭🤭👀 Also my mids are coming next week so I'll try to post the next part after my mids (depending on how did they go 💀💀🤭)