Chapter 18

There she was, wearing a dress in the Mikaelson mansion, clearing her head with her friends.
There she realized that maybe Elijah was right, she shouldn’t quit,  she should live in New York, near Steve, maybe soon she would find the courage, whatever would happen she couldn’t live without him, not when he was right in front of her eyes, breathing. 

“I heard you are thinking of quitting.” here comes the voice she didn’t want to hear. 

Klaus came in front of her with a mocking smirk. “I told you, you couldn’t find her”

She sighed “who told you I’m quitting? Just here for a break, enjoying with my friends. I would not quit like you. I’ll find her,” she said with a smile, succeeding to piss him off.

He frowned “I didn’t quit…”  “oh save it, Klaus, I’m not in the mood, not today please.” 

She was walking away when he grabbed her wrist and stopped her. She turned to look at him with questioning eyes. 

“Don’t go, love, dance with me?” he asked her, offering his hand. She raised her eyebrow and chuckled. 

After pretending to think she said okay and started to dance with him. 

“You look beautiful,” he said smiling. “Well, thank you, kind sir. But seriously what the fuck? Why are trying to act nice?” she asked him.

“What, you think I’m not nice?” he asked innocently.

She rolled her eyes “no, you are nice, really. Taking my best friend’s blood forcefully to make some shitty hybrids. This could be the nicest thing you could ever do for someone.” she snapped.

“Oh C’mon love, I’m not hurting her, she is happy. Look” he said pointing towards Damon and Elena dancing happily.

They didn’t look worried. y/n smiled looking at them. “Yes, she is” she whispered to herself. 

“Well, you can tell me if you want.” he suddenly offered, making her confused. “Tell you what?” 

“Something is bothering you, it's written on your face?” he said. 

She suddenly stopped and looked at him. She was surprised by his behavior. “Nothing is bothering me.” 

“It’s okay don’t tell me, but don’t lie either,” he said as he knew.

They completed their dance and Klaus went away winking at her. 

She scoffed at him, surely his behavior changed, his family was with him, he was building his army for God knows whom, of course, he was happy. 

She went towards the bar to drink something. Elijah was there, smiled seeing her coming.
“My brother was bothering you?” he asked with amusement.

“Hell yeah! He was being nice, what the fuck?” he chuckled at her words.

"He is not bad, just sometimes....”

"act like an asshole?” she completed for him. 

He nodded “yes, asshole.” they both laughed. 

“So, what did you decide?” he asked about going back.

“hmm...I’ll go. You were right, I needed a break,” she replied, smiling at him. “But alone, not with your brother. No offense but I only trust one mikaelson” she said. 

“Which is…?” he asked as if he didn’t know.

“Rebekah, your sister I just met today. I just trust her,” she said sarcastically.

“Of course it’s you, the most well-mannered and calm vampire in history,” she said dramatically, making him chuckle.

~

She was in her room, in the Salvatore house, ready to go to the bed, when suddenly Damon barged in. 

“I see, you found some new friends,” Damon said grumpily.

She smiled, turning around to face him.  “So, are you jealous?” she asked innocently. 

Damon jumped on her bed "yes, I think I am. Considering my best friend hanging out with the bad original vampires"

Y/n chuckled at him "go now, I need to sleep" she said trying to push him off the bed.

"Hey, you are not staying" it sounded more like a statement than a question.

She sighed and nodded 

" yes, I'm not staying, I can't Damon." he was about to cut her off but she didn't let him.

"Before you say something about Katherine or dealing with Klaus. It's not because of them. It's him, Damon." She whispered, feeling tears building in her eyes. 

"I remember everything I said and I still feel the same, I still have those insecurities. But I need to be there, if not for him then for myself. I need to get back to my life" she said looking into his eyes. 

"I'll go with you." He suddenly said, spoiling the emotional moment. She blinked at him and then sighed in annoyance.

"What did I…"

"yes you told me to stay with Elena and blah blah blah...you say a lot of things y/n, you think I'll obey everything you say, heck! I barely hear all your blabber" he shrugged. 

Y/n kept looking at him with shock but suddenly hit his head.

"What the fuck? Why did you hit me?" He looked at her incredulously.

"The things I say are blabbering for you, huh?" She said with a smirk, her eyes showing she was about to do something.

And Damon knew that look, he looked at her with horrified expressions.

"I...I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. Don't do that, please. You promised me you won't do that again." 

He begged but she was determined to teach him a lesson, so she attacked his stomach with her soft hands, tickling him.

Something she discovered in those years with him. 

It was surprising, seeing a badass vampire being that much ticklish.

She even didn't have to tickle him, just show him her fingers and do that tickle thing from a distance and he would act like it's tickling him.

That's what she was doing to him, soft touches and he was cussing and threatening her to stop.

Stephen downstairs was listening to them chuckling and shaking his head.

It had been a year since he heard them bickering in that house….