Chapter 19

The next morning they both were getting ready to go back. She was feeling nervous because this time she wasn't going to find Katherine. She was going to find her happiness. It was her turn to live her life. To come out of her insecurities and embrace who she was, she was going to let him accept her.

Despite her negative thoughts, there was still hope, after seeing him right in front of her, she felt hope, a light after years of darkness and failure. Maybe everything was going to be fine now. With that thought in her mind, she sat in the car with a smile on her face.

~

"You got some food cause I'm hungry, we can also go outside if you want," Damon said with a smirk, making her roll her eyes. She knew what food he was talking about.

She went into the kitchen and brought a bag of blood and put it in hand roughly.

"No need to go out," she said with a bitter smile.

Damon sat on the couch and started to watch some shitty show on the TV.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door, making her panic for no reason. She mentioned Damon going inside the room. When he was out of sight she went to open the door, only to see a man with a patch on his eye.

'Um... how can I help you?" She knew who he was and him being there wasn't a good thing.

"May I come in?" He asked politely. "No" y/n replied instantly, she had to be rude. Her mind was yelling to shut the door on his face.

"I knew you would say that I'm just here to talk. I know that you know me very well, just like I know about you. We could talk somewhere else too, but I think your friend inside would worry where you went." He was still smiling.

She looked at him with wide eyes, how did he know about Damon, was he following her.

She took a breath and mentioned him to come inside.

After locking the door, she turned towards him, "you were following me? You know how wrong it is, no matter who the hell you are, I'm not one of your agents or workers you could keep an eye on." She spat furiously.

"Well, you should think about that when you were helping citizens with a strange level of speed. Everyone is talking about you. They don't know you, you are just a girl with strange powers for them." He said, taking a step towards her, "but you know, I know who you are." He smiled.

Before she could say anything, Damon came and seized him by his neck. "Who the fuck you think you are?" Damon hissed at him. Y/n instantly went to free him from Damon.

"Damon, let him go" she pushed him away from the man.

The man took deep breaths and looked towards them.

"I knew coming here, a house with two vampires would be dangerous." He coughed. Y/n gave him a glass of water and helped him sit.

After some moments of silence, she spoke, "who are you, how do you know about us? And why are you here?" She asked with a stern voice.

He chuckled, "I thought you knew about me, I'm Nick Fury, director of the S.H.I.E.L.D., and about how I know about who you guys are. Well, almost every founding family member has an old family journal, so does I." Fury said, making both of them confused.

"Can you elaborate please?" Damon said, feeling annoyed.

"My family was one of the founding families. But when they got to know about all the vampire shit and stuff, they moved out of there. I have just read about vampires in that journal, thinking this was all a made-up story. But then seeing you there, the first thing that came into my mind was that journal. And then obviously I did some research and I got to know the lady, who was keeping an eye on my agents from, a year, is the one who saved those people there."

"You thought I didn't know about your activities? I knew about you, just couldn't get my hands on you, but then you came into the battle, becoming a hero and making it easy for me to come after you." Everything he told her was making her confused. Was he also involved with Katherine? It was possible, he knew about vampires.

She wasn't expecting anything like that. She was there to make her life better, not to put it in more mess.

She sighed "now what do you want from me? Go with you with handcuffs, for investigation? Tell you why I was after your men?" She asked. Damon looked at her incredulously, feeling a defeat, tiredness in her voice.

"Hey, it's okay, we can compel him" he put a hand on her shoulder.

Before she could say anything, fury spoke: "not to make you feel bad, I wear vervain." He showed them his bracelet.

"But don't worry, I'm not here to arrest you or to tell me what were you up to? Because I know that. I also had a suspension of having a vampire's involvement but of course, I couldn't find anything. I just want you to join my team. You both would help each other, you need a team to find that person, and we need you. Help us, making it clean, what stark built what you built."

His words, making her head pound, how did he know about her, helping Stark, no one knew.

"How much do you know about me exactly?" She asked furiously, her eyes filled with blood, her veins popping out as if she was threatening him.

Damon tried to calm her, but she wasn't listening to anything.

Fury held his hand high.

" I just saw a picture of you with stark. No one knows who you are. It's just one picture and a few things about you, Stark wrote. About your friendship and your help. I also didn't know until I saw you. But no one else knows and I'll make sure of that. I also need your help, trust me." He never used this pathetic tone with anyone in his life, he, of course, had backup, but he wanted her to join the Avengers.

She had powers, she was a hero and people needed that, so the next time someone would dare to attack the Earth, Earth would be ready to retaliate.

He needed her to save her from her darkness, to keep her away from the monster inside her and close to her human side.

He wanted to find the one who was invading his home, his life. He spent all these years for SHIELD, he couldn't let it fall now. He needed her to save it.

There were so many reasons he needed her for. That no one can do but her. No one would believe him, his vampire story. But she knew and she would help him. She would save what she built with her late friend.

"I'll be waiting for your answer." He said and stood up to leave. There was nothing else to say. He knew she would save SHIELD. But little did he know, she wasn't only thinking about SHIELD, she was thinking about saving herself. This was what she needed.

She knew there was no other option. A bit of courage and she would be able to make everything fine. Her life, Steve, Katherine, SHIELD, she would do what she wanted to do, save the world.

The key to making everything fine was becoming an Avenger...

.

.

A/n: Hey everyone! If you still reading this shitty fic I thank you for your patience :') I am so sorry for not posting on time...