Chapter 10

2009:

It’s been fifteen years since Damon decided to bring his life on the track of happiness. After deciding what he wanted from thee he went to y/n. And she was there for him, just like she promised. 

And they started to work to make their shitty lives bearable. Of course, the first step was to make his relationship with Stefen normal. y/n went to mystic fall to talk to Stefen, he didn’t want Damon to come to his house. Zach and Gail were still living there, with their sweet baby girl. So Stefen couldn’t take the risk to invite Damon again. But it didn’t mean he didn’t meet Damon. 

They met outside mystic falls. And since then they were trying to make things better between them

It was agonizingly slow but the time and patience were worth it. After all those years, they progressed. They weren’t the brothers like they were before messing their life up. But they weren’t the brothers they were after messing up their life either.

So after fifteen years, Stefen finally let Damon come into his house. Not only because he trusted him but because Zach and Gail moved out of the little town and decided to move to a big city. So now he was free to let Damon enter his life without taking a risk.

He was moving with his brother, y/n, on the other hand, didn’t want to go with him thinking she would invade the family. But of course, Damon couldn’t let that happen. He took her with him with a lot of threats and by reminding his promise to never leave her alone.

Eventually, she agreed, she had to agree. And they both moved to mystic falls. 

~

“Stefen, y/n? Where the fuck are you?” Damon yelled at both, his friend and his brother. “Damon what happened why are you yelling.” y/n came downstairs, her expressions bored. 

“Where is Stefen?” he asked for his brother. She smiled at him “he is with Caroline.” that made Damon roll his eyes. “Ah! that girlfriend of his, I think she is just a story. I mean it’s almost a week since I've been here and he didn’t introduce her to me.” he whined. 

“What do you want Damon” y/n said reminding him why he was there.

 “I saw Katherine,” he said. She blinked at him thinking he was joking. “ No, I’m serious. She was there with a bunch of teenagers. Going to high school.” he said knowing the look she was giving him. That made her chuckle “seriously Damon. You really think Katherine would be here, going to a high school, while someone is looking to kill her out there, C’mon I knew you were dumb but this? And if she would be here, Stefen would know. I think it’s just your brain playing with you.” 

“y/n I’m serious. If you don’t believe me, I can show you,” he argued and took her arm to let her know that he wasn’t lying. 

They were about to leave the house when Stefen came and looked at them “ah!! Baby brother. You have a lot of explaining to do. I just saw Katherine out there and I doubt you didn’t know about that.” Damon glared at him. 

Stefen didn’t say anything, he just gave them a confused look and scratched his neck “I think it’s time I introduce you to my high school friends,” and then they went to the grill.

~

They were sitting in the grill with Stefen’s friends. Caroline, Stephen's girlfriend. Bonnie and Elena, Caroline's friends. And man! Elena did look exactly like Katherine. y/n wonder if Elena had any idea she had an evil duplicate roaming around. It’s like Elena could read her mind. “I’m not her.” Elena chuckled, noticing y/n staring at her.

Damon gaped at her and looked towards Stefen for an explanation. “Um.. they knew...everything,” he said in a low voice. “How long have you known them? How long are you dating Stefen.'' Damon whispered angrily, not believing his brother told everything to those teenagers.

“Six months Damon,” Caroline replied confidently. 

“And you believed them to tell everything,'' Damon said as if they weren’t sitting right in front of him. y/n hit his head, warning him to behave. “He didn’t tell me, I figured it out on my own.” Caroline frowned at him. “And you know how girls can be with secrets. Always sharing them with their girls, warning them not to tell anybody else.” Stefen said, smirking at caroline which in return pretended to be mad at him. Everyone at the table laughed except for Damon of course.

y/n watched Stefen closely, she noticed the difference when she first saw him. He wasn’t that care-free, always frowning. She hadn’t even seen him joking around in that previous stay. But now he seemed happy having a girlfriend, his friends and his brother around him. In those years she and Stefan became friends, not like Damon and her, but still friends.

Damon didn’t seem happy with everyone knowing their secret but didn’t say anything. After some time spent together, everyone got up and said goodbye to each other. Stefan And Caroline kissed making everyone groan. y/n noticed Damon looking at Elena with interest like trying to know her. She wanted to tease him about that but didn’t.

After leaving the grill they came home. Damon was still being grumpy. y/n and Stefen sat on the couch in the living room and Damon, of course, went for his bourbon first. 

“So. what do you think about her?” Stefen asked her about Caroline. “She is beautiful and considering she figured out about you on her own and still is with you, I think she is smart too,” she said, making Stefen chuckle.

“What do you think Damon?” he asked his brother, who was ignoring him. “You know, he didn’t even notice her. He was too busy ogling Elena.” y/n said teasing him. That made Damon acknowledge their presence and she got the reaction she wanted “I was not. Don’t ever say that again.” Damon said grumpily and left. y/n and Stefen looked at each other smiling, knowing why Damon is being grumpy…

~

It’s been months since they were living in mystic falls. y/n couldn’t help but notice Damon’s crush growing towards Elena. At first, he was hesitant, just noticing her from a distance. But slowly, he went back to his normal self. He started to flirt. God! He flirts with everyone, even with y/n but in return he always gets punches. 

He started to compliment Elena almost every day. How she was looking beautiful in that dress, how smart she is. And in return she blushes, making Damon smirk. y/n was happy with Elena's response, knowing that she was attracted to Damon. But that stupid Damon needed to make a move on her and ask her out on a date to be an official thing.

y/n waited thinking he would do that, but he never did. And she knew why. Damon wasn’t over that fact he got cheated, he was still insecure and hell Elena was ditto copy of Katherine. He was insecure. y/n knew that, and she was there to help him out.

So one day after getting fed up with Damon the drama queen she went to Damon. “I’m gonna ask you for once. When will you ask her out Damon?” she said. “Never” Damon replied with a smirk.

She sighed “look Damon I know what are you feeling but you need this. This is the same thing that happened when you tried with Stefan. Look now everything is fine.” “I know you like her and you are scared. But I’ll help you just tell me I’m right, please.” y/n said looking at Damon with pleading eyes. At first, he kept silent, making her sigh “yes, I do like her but” “just tell me this is because she looks like her.” she cut him off and took his hand in hers. “No y/n, definitely not. In fact, that’s the only reason I'm afraid. She looks like her. What if she is like her. What if”

“She is not and you’ll get to know her. I’ll help you so now I’m your wing woman,” she said with a smirk …..