Chapter 16

It had been a year since she came back to New York for the third time. Maybe this was the last time. Maybe she just moved there permanently, she always had to come there for some reason.

 But now she could move there if she wants. Steve was there, her life, her happiness was right in front of her, she just had to go to it and engulf it in her arms. But would her life accept her? 

That was the only thing she could think of.  But she was with him, all those months, she saw him walking around the city, alone. As if he was lost, he was a stranger in all those people. She was there when he was trying to find something about her, she saw him losing hope every passing day, to find her. She knew he needed someone, he needed her but she was scared, she had insecurities. 

Other than that, she had someone to find, she had to clear her mind first, to think about him.She was spying on those men. But she didn’t find much about Katherine. They acted normal. Sometimes she thought Katherine was right there, she was planning something. That she knew, she was searching for her. 

Whatever it was, her negative thoughts or the truth she couldn’t stop, no matter if she finds her or not, at least she wasn’t getting insane because of overthinking. 

Maybe they have to think about Klaus, how to keep him away from Elena because Katherine was in no mood to be found. They had to make plan B.

~

She was in the bar drinking, after getting a call from Elijah. He wanted to help her, or more like he was desperate to find Katherine. So he was coming to New York for some days. She was about to order more when the bartender came with a note in his hand. He gave it to her.

 You can’t find me, was written with blood on it.

 She looked at the bartender and asked. “ who gave it to you?” 

He didn’t say anything and pulled out a gun and shot himself. y/n was staring at him, shocked, Katherine was he right there or maybe it was some of his men doing that. 

On hearing a gunshot everyone started to scream and run. y/n rushed to the bartender, trying to save him but he was dead. 

Another death because of her, to warn her. Katherine started to play dirty. Police arrived at the spot and started to clear the place. She also went outside and started to walk home with the note.

On her way back home she again saw a horrific scenario. Maybe she should’ve stayed at home. 

A crowd was kneeling before a man with a weird costume. At first, she thought it was a play or something. But then the man destroyed a car with a scepter in his hand. She was shocked to see that. 

She didn’t know what was happening, vampires were real, a man could be preserved in ice to use for years. 

And now this man with the evil plan to rule the world, to rule mortals. Well, she wasn’t a mortal so he couldn’t rule her right? She couldn’t stand a chance against him but she had to do something to save that old grumpy grandpa who was trying to act tough and courageous.

Before she could do something, a man came out of nowhere and landed in front of the old man. 

Of course, the hero had to come, wearing his stupid uniform. 

“You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing,” Steve said, making her roll her eyes. 

“This soldier, the man out of the time.” “I’m not the one who’s at a time.” with that a jet came and started to warn Loki. but that made him mad and he started to fight. 

While both the hero and the villain were fighting people started to run, y/n also helped them, she was there to help them not to see him fight. Loki threw Steve away and pointed the scepter at his head.

 “Kneel.”

 “not today.” and then kicked him.

 The fighting wasn’t coming to end and she was there seeing everything like a movie, waiting to see who’s gonna win. 

And suddenly AC/DC started to play? 

“Agent Romanoff, you missed me” and then here comes the dramatic entry of the dramatic kid she once met. 

In the red and golden metal suit, Tony came to fight besides Steve, the person he used to get jealous of. 

She chuckled seeing him, she didn’t meet him in a long while, the last time was Stark’s death and after that, she had to compel him to forget. But that doesn’t mean she didn’t know about Iron Man. 

Tony Stark was all over the news, he was famous. How could she not know about that grumpy little boy?

He pointed all of the shooting things in his suit towards him. “Make a move reindeer games” he warned and he came back to normal human clothes. 

Steve came beside him. 

“Mr. Stark.” 

“captain” 

this is how they greeted each other and she knew they would have their problems….