Chapter Eleven

CHOICE

I was welcomed by my mom's slapped on my left cheek the moment she went out of the passenger's seat.

"How dare you call us six in the morning to lend some huge amount of money? for what? For a guy you went out with? I thought this is a trip for you and Adrianna? Well, I guess she's been a bad influence to you." Mom said angrily. I was fighting back tears as they continued on telling me harsh and hurtful words.

"We couldn't reach you for the past two days and two nights! What have you been up to? Don't tell me you agreed on becoming his personal toy?!" Dad shouted, almost catching the attention of every person that's walking by.

"No, it's not like-

Mom slapped me on my right cheek completely cutting of my sentence.

"Don't you dare talk back to me or your father. This is so not like you Margie. Where are your manners? We didn't raise you to be a selfish brat!" mom exclaimed before she harshly pulled my wrist to forcefully drag me inside the car.

"We are going home young lady to start packing!"

"Packing? Why?! I'm not going!" I exclaimed. I pulled my wrist away from her with all of the strength I have that due to the sudden impact mom hit her back to the car. Her hand touch her back as she groans in pain.

Suddenly, I felt my left cheek aching, it was dad. It was then when the tears I was fighting back awhile ago came running down my cheeks like waterfall.

"I have enough of you Margie!" Dad shouted. From the corner of my eye, I saw Adrianna and the others looking at me with a worried expression. Adrianna was about to approach us when I eyed her as I squeeze in a tight smile, she stopped. She looked hurt.

"Fine. I'll go with you in hell or wherever in conditions. Contact someone, anyone you know high that you can get a pair of lungs, pay for the hospital expenses, and let me stay with him at least when the surgery is done. He doesn't have much time to live and I don't want to leave him like this it's the least thing I can do to thank him." I said. Both mom and dad looked speechless.

                                                                                                  ❤ 

Both mom and dad agreed on my conditions and the doctor is doing the surgery right now. It took hours before the surgery is done and every one of us was waiting patiently for the results outside. When the doctor came out and told us that the surgery was a success we couldn't help but cry in joy, everyone had a smile on their face as we hug each other in happiness.

It's been an hour ever since Raymund' s surgery finished and we were allowed to visit him in his room. As soon as everyone was finished on visiting him, it was finally my turn. I took a deep breath before going in.

Raymund was peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed with all of the medical things around him and on him. As I took small steps forward towards him, the heavier I felt from within. I took a sit on the chair right next to me.

As I stare to his face, my hand reached to touch his hair.

"Hey, congratulations. Your surgery was a success. Heck, you might be even surprised when you wake up and found yourself on the hospital bed." I released a small laugh that quickly died down when I felt my eyes becoming watery. "Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me? We could've worked things out together Raymund." I stopped when my voice cracked. I took a deep breath as I try to stop the tears that's trying to escape my eyes.

"I came here to tell you that I'm leaving and I want you to take good care of yourself. Please don't hide anything from your loved ones, please don't put on a mask that says your feeling okay. Please don't carry your heavy luggage all alone, let us help you. It all makes sense now, how you always feel out of breath whenever we do physical activities. It all makes sense to me now how you always put a smile on your face and live like it's the end of the world." A tear escaped from my left eye. I gulped.

"Raymund, you're right. Trips are much more fun and exciting when you don't know where you're going and even though you lost all you have, you have everything you need; someone who's with you, someone who will laugh with you, someone who will protect you, and someone who loves you. Every single moment I had on that trip, on our trip is something unforgettable to me that I will remember for the rest of my life because everyone was there, you were there." The tears I kept on preventing to fall awhile ago came running down my cheeks like waterfall. I have to tell him. I must let him know.

"I never knew what I lost until you helped me find it. I never knew what it's called until you let me experience. I never knew how it felt like to be alive until you took the direction west. I never knew I can be this happy because I fell in love with you. I love you Raymund ever since you sang my favorite song and I never knew that going on a trip will somehow change me." I sobbed. "I lost my youth but you helped me find it and cherished it, without you I wouldn't have found it nor will I ever experience the taste of being young. This might not be the right time for the both of us so, if we ever met again then will know it's not the end. I want you to know that I'm not leaving because I want to, I'm leaving because I have to. I'd do anything to keep you alive. I love you Raymund, goodbye." I finished as I wiped my tears away before cupping his face to gently kiss him on the lips. It was not a goodbye kiss but, rather my mark on him.

I took one last look on Raymund before walking away from him. Each step that I take was heavy and painful that I tried my best not to look back and I didn't even when I finally walked out of the hospital and enter the car.