Chapter Four

SEVEN MEN IN BLACK

"We've been walking forever." Adrianna complained.

"Just a few more blocks away and were there." Raymund said and showed no sign of being tired. I regretted immediately drinking the slurpee since now I'm already thirsty.

"She's right. I'm tired." I commented. Raymund stopped and looked back at us.

"Let's...stop for a while." He said and sat the bench not far from where we are. He caught me looking at him and I mouthed a 'Thank You' which he just nod in return.

RAYMUND'S P.O.V

I was currently sitting at the bench when I saw a familiar guy on the other side of the road. He was standing while a cigarette was on his mouth together with other six tall men in black in both of his sides. I was staring too long that he suddenly caught me staring at him. We locked eyes and that's where I recognized who he was. I felt my heart rise and immediately averted my gaze to my friends. They all looked tired but, we are in danger so without hesitating I approached them.

"We need to go, now right now." I said while they all looked at me with the Are-You-Kidding-Me? Look.

"Why?!" Margie exclaimed too loud that made the other six tall men looked in our direction.

"Just trust me. We should go, come on." I emphasized and started walking ahead of them. I tried to act normal as possible but, my facial expression gave it all away. Through my peripheral vision, I saw them trying to cross the streets. I immediately turn around to face my friends and shouted,

"Run!"

MARGIE'S P.O.V

"Run!" Raymund shouted and started running ahead of us. His been acting weird lately that I don't know if his just hungry or needed to pee.

"What in the world is he running for?" Luke asked confusingly while we watch Raymund run like his life depends on it.

"Guys, I think we should also run right now." Adrianna said with nervousness. I followed the direction to where she's looking at and saw seven tall men in black trying to cross the streets while keeping an eye on Raymund.

"She's right let's go!" I shouted and started running towards Raymund. The seven men in black were causing a commotion with the cars on the road that gave us some time to catch up to Raymund's speed.

"What are we running for?!" Henry shouted.

"I don't know!" Luke replied.

I look back and saw the seven men in black running towards us. Raymund suddenly stopped and pushed down the stall of key chains in the sidewalk before started running again. We followed Raymund as he turns to the right block where many people are selling street foods. The seven men catch up and continued on running towards us. Raymund turns to an alley and stopped.

"Guys, help me move these trash cans." Raymund said and started moving the trash can to the way.

"There's no way I'm touching those." Adrianna said disgustingly.

"Just...suit yourself." Raymund didn't bothered dealing with Adrianna and started moving the trash cans. It was not long 'till we all made a somewhat blockage to the alley since the alley is really narrow. The problem is we smell a little bit.

"Now what?" Luke asked as we watch the seven men tried to get passed the trash cans but it was too soggy and heavy.

"Now we run." Raymund replied and started running to the end of the alley.

"Again?!" Henry complained but followed behind. We reached the end of the alley and we saw the sidewalk from where Raymund pulled down the stall of key chains. We stopped and catch our breaths.

"Now what?" It was Zach's turn to ask, emphasizing the first word.

"Now, I have a better idea." Raymund replied.

                                                                                                     ❤

We went out the store riding bicycles that we didn't even pay for. I even scold Raymund about it and lecture him that stealing is wrong but, he told me he know the guy who owns those bicycles and that we would only borrow them. I release a deep sigh.

"Uhm guys, they're catching up with a lot of energy." Henry said. I looked back and Henry was right. They are catching up. I turn my head back to the road and didn't saw Raymund.

"Where is he?" I asked. Zach started peddling faster and led us the way to a garage. Raymund's bike is in front of the garage but where is he? We all put down our own bicycles and went inside the garage. The garage was messy with different tools all scattered on the floor while a newly painted minivan was parked inside. It was the same model to the minivan we are riding a while ago but with a different color.

"Uncle Ben, just please lend me the car." I heard Raymund's voice said at the back of the minivan. A man in his late 60's appeared at the back of the minivan. He was wearing pajamas as well as a bathrobe. He suddenly stopped walking at the sight of me. Raymund stopped from his back and his eyebrows narrowed.

"Is she your girlfriend?" the old man asked. Raymund and I locked eyes for a second, wondering what to say.

"Yes!" Raymund shouted and gave me a sharp look from the old man's back.

"Yes..." he repeated but this time it was calm. "She is and it's our first monthsary today and I promise her we will ride a car so please Uncle Ben." Raymund pleaded. The old man looked at me in the eye.

"Is this true young lady?" He asked. From the old man's back, Raymund was mouthing 'Yes' over and over again. I couldn't afford to lie while looking at the old man's eyes so I looked at Raymund instead. I released a deep sigh.

"Yes. It's true" I replied.

Raymund immediately grabbed the keys from the old man's hands and kissed him on his cheeks.

"Thank You Uncle Ben. I owe you one." Raymund said and run to the driver's seat. The others went in to sit at the back seats' while I sub-consciously sat at the passenger's seat next to the driver's seat. Raymund started the engine and started moving the car out of the garage, the seven men in black catch up and started hitting the back of the car. Raymund didn't mind them and continued until it was facing the road.

"You're dead the next time I see you!" I heard one of the men shouted. Raymund didn't say anything and made the minivan make a 'beep' sound before he started driving towards North.

"What was that all about?" I asked, referring to what the guy shouted.

"Nothing" he replied with shortness of breath. He continued on having difficulty in breathing that I began to feel something odd about him.

"Are you...okay? I asked worriedly. He stopped having shortness of breath and was breathing normally now.

"Are you worried?" he asked with a smile on his face. I hit his shoulder in embarrassment when I suddenly thought of what I just asked him.

"No" I answered and shifted my gaze from him to the scenery outside the window. From the left corner of my eye I can clearly see a smirk on Raymund' s lips. This guy is seriously having fun while teasing me.