We were just conversing with each other when bhabhi entered, holding a tray in her hand.

I picked up my coffee and noticed that bhabhi and Tanya drinks coffee too. The difference was that they drink milk coffee while I prefer black coffee.

"So, how was your last night?" No doubt this was Tanya. Her voice told it all that she was teasing me.

"Shut up! You don't ask these types of questions." My dear bhabhi scolded Tanya and she made a weird face before muttering a small, unapologetic 'sorry'. She even gave me a look that said this-conversation-isn't-over and I sighed, knowing that I would have to bear with this awkward conversation.

Our talks were interrupted when my sweet mother-in-law entered. She took a cup of tea and sat down with us. Just when I was about to walk to the kitchen to put my cup in the sink, she said

"Can you please wake Raghav up? Usually I wake him up but now that you are here, I won't have to do the task anymore."

I literally wanted to say a loud and clear 'NO' but you couldn't possibly deny your mother-in-law, could you? So instead I just said 'yes' and ascended the stairs, cursing my fate and groaning out loud in my head.

I knocked on the door and without waiting for a reply, entered inside which turned out to be a very wrong move.

I was greeted by a sight of bare back. Oh damn, as much as I hate to admit, he had a very muscular body. I was just admiring his back when suddenly I was in my husband's arms with my hands tightly secured behind my back and my chest touching his bare one.

I didn't even know how this happened. I was so lost in admiring my husband's back that I didn't even realise when he came so close to me.

If you asked me, this was a very intimate position and for a very weird reason, him so close to me was sending chills down my spine, in pleasure. I should have been disgusted by his touch.

He came close to me and leaned down so that he could whisper in my ear. His lips hovering over my ear.

"I have a few rules that you would have to follow." He whispered in his oh-so-sexy accent. If I would have been in my right mind, I would have pushed him away but surprisingly, I was enjoying his warmth.

When I didn't respond, his whole demeanor changed, it was as if a switch has been flipped and he got angry. I don't know why.

"1. You respond when I ask you something.
2. You are supposed to respect my family.
3. You would always take the couch.
4. You are not suppose to pry on my life. What I do and don't is none of your business.
5.—"

He was going to continue hissing in my ear but I beat him to it.

"What if I don't follow your rules?"

"Oh! Trust me, sweetheart, you don't know what I can do and you don't want to know it either."

"What would you do?"
He pulled me more close, if that was even possible considering the fact that I was already pressed up against his chest.
He moved his lips from my ear to my lips and I understood, so I mustered all my strength and pushed him but he only got a few metres away because he was muscular and I was not.

"You don't order Sameeksha Rathore like that. I won't follow any of your damned rules."

"First things first, you are not 'Rathore' anymore. Second things second, are you challenging me, Mrs. Malhotra?"

"Yes. Yes, I am."

"Challenge accepted." And with that said, I marched out of the room and got to the kitchen to complete the ritual. When I got there mummy came to me.