G.W. Paper Rings (fluff)

y/n = your name

warnings: cussing, mention of drug usage, implied sexual dream

Y/n and George were sitting together outside on their patio just staring at the night sky. The moon was hanging lowly and it reminded Y/n of the night they met.

Y/n had been walking out of the Gryffindor common room party with their best friend Michael.

They had passed an arched window and saw the bright moon shining beautifully in the sky.

"Come on Mikey!" Y/n whisper-yelled as they ushered him to catch up with them.

"Hold on I'm trying to fix my hair" He rolled his eyes.

"You're such a diva" Y/n groaned before being interrupted by a group of three people.

Two of them were intimidatingly tall with medium length orange-red hair. The one in the middle had a slight bump in his nose and more freckles on his face than the other. The one on the left had very red eyes signifying to Y/n that he was high out of his mind and a cocky look on his face. The boy on the right was shorter than the rest and had dark skin that looked even darker next to the pale fair skinned boys. He also looked far past sober.

"What's your name handsome?" The one on the left smirked making Michael giggle and Y/n pull on his collar to get him to walk again.

"You the designated babysitter friend?" The one in the middle asked.

"Yessss Y/n is because I didn't want to be" Michael slurred as Y/n continued to pull him away.

"You two can talk tomorrow Mikey, now come on." They rolled their eyes as they looked at the red headed boy on the left who was eye fucking their friend Michael.

"Good luck Y/n" The one in the middle shouted as they walked down the hallway.

Y/n made a point not to talk to him and instead just kept walking.

"Thank you stranger" Michael giggled.

"George" The one in the middle responded to him being referred to as stranger.

"You're such a stupid drunk Mikey" Y/n sighed.
He had just laughed.

Y/n was focused on keeping their friend safe and took him to his bed, tucking him in.

At this point their mind wandered back to the boy in the middle of the group.

George he said his name was. They assumed he was a Weasley based off his freckled pale complexion and fiery red hair.

Y/n had placed a glass full of cold water on his bedside table as well as Advil for his eventual hangover headache.

Thinking back they could recall moments where they had seen him and the other redhead running down the hallway together and some professor being soon to follow.

Of course they would deny it, but the following days they found themselves lingering in places they had seen him before.

Y/n smiled as they recalled the memory that was now very precious to them.

Their hand reached out and cupped their cold glass before raising it to their colored lips and drinking from it slowly to savor the taste.

George sat in the chair next to them as they looked out on the world from their back porch.

"What are you smiling at darling?" He asked as he intertwined their free hand with his.

Y/n smiled at the small gesture knowing he couldn't stand to be apart from them even for a moment.