Chapter 29

POV: Captain Haneul, 7th Special Forces Brigade

Haneul was stunned. 

As Chaehyun parted from him. She said "I heard about your survival chances, and I wanted to do that before you go."

But Haneul wasn't listening as he grabs Chaehyun into a hug. 

"Ill miss you he said. And I will come back, I promise."

"Should i come back later or...." Min-Seok said, standing at the doorway. 

Chaehyun sniffled, "No, you can come in." She looked at Haneul, "We will talk later, ok?"

Haneul nodded. 

"So," Min-Seok said "In case you dont know, I told her about our survival chance."

Haneul sighed, "Did she ask?"

"She's NIS, so she knows we get these pre-mission." Responded Min-Seok. 

Haneul huffed, "Alright, lets prepare for deployment."

The next few days were a blur, preparing for the impending battle, sketching out battle plans, paradrops, resupply points. It was a very intense two weeks. Their deployment date is September 19, 2022, the war was been raging for four months. And now the ROKA and the UN will bring it to an end. 

The day before they were deployed, Haneul visited Kep1ers dorm, as he entered he saw Hikaru. 

"Hi she said, Chaehyun is in Mashiros dorm, in case your looking for her." She said. 

Haneul smiled, "Thanks."

As he approached Mashiros dorm, the door opened and he heard Chaehyuns voice, "Why do you keep giving me this advice, if he's leaving in a few hours?"

Mashiro responded, "At least try to talk to him."

Haneul leaned against the will, in the shadows, intending to listen to the conersation.

"Ok, ill try to talk to him." Chaehyun finally said. "But you do know that he's leaving tomorrow, right?"

"Chaehyun." Mashiro said, "You have told me that at least six times."

I know, but it's so soon." Chaehyun whined. 

"Ok then, lets talk now." Haneul said stepping out of the shadows.