Chapter 8

POV: Chaehyun

Chaehyun was scared.

She had no clue where she was, the commandos tied her up after she put up quite a good fight, giving two of the commandos back eyes and hurting body parts, the fight was going great. Until she got tased. The only hope for her and Yujin to get rescued at this point was the security team. 

Of course, she wasn't on good terms with the Captain, but it was his job to protect them, surely he won't hold a grudge?

Slowly the van rolled to a stop, as the commandos dragged the two of them out, Chaehyun saw a sign saying that they were in Sokcho. She assumed the city has been captured by North Korea. They were quickly led to a building in the industrial districts. As they enter the building, Chaehyun pretended to trip and fall on the threshold, she used this opportunity to activate a homing beacon located in her boot. Yujin was the only one to see this, and she whispered to Chaehyun, "Do you think it will work?" 

"It better work, or we're dead," replied Chaehyun.

They were processed in the basement of the warehouse, and as they reached the ground level, on their way to the cell blocks, there was the roar of a helicopter overhead. 

As they walked down the hallway in the cell block, the guards were nervous, the same way the security guards were in the stadium. Just as Chaehyun was about to enter her cell, the door closest to her in the hallway blew off its hinges, immediately there was the clink of a grenade rolling as the North Korean soldiers aimed their guns at the door. 

Then the world was pure light, at first Chaehyun thought she was dying, then she realized it was a flashbang grenade! The fight was all around her, there were some North Korean soldiers on the floor, dead. 

Then she saw the soldiers, there were five of them, clearing the hallway ahead, all of them were wearing South Korean insignia. Chaehyun stood there, hoping that the group would spot her, and the lead soldier luckily did. "I see Chaehyun!" Haneul shouted. 

She started running towards the group, which was splitting into two groups. She was just steps away from Haneul and safety. But then there was a terrible pain in her, she stumbled and fell. 

She was shot.