Chapter 16

POV: Captain Haneul, 7th Special Forces Brigade

As Haneul came around in the rubble, he saw that their help was greatly needed. There were people running up and down the corridor, almost all injured. He shook Min-Seok awake and said, "Come on, we need to do something."

Min-Seok looked around at the carnage, then said "the Northerners will pay for this."

They quickly got to work, helping to evacuate survivors to places where other soldiers or medics could attend to them. The team soon learned that the North Koreans were jamming the radios and quickly gave up on contacting command.

Around half an hour later, a medic and a Second Lieutenant rushed up to Haneul, the medic shouted, "Captain, your head is bleeding, let me see the wound."

Haneuls hand automatically went up to his temple. It was bloody. But instead of getting treatment, he said, "There are people down there that need treatment more than me." And then he started towards the tunnel. 

But the Second Lieutenant shouted after him, "Sir, are you Captain Choi Haneul?"

Haneul stopped and turned around. "Yes, why?"

The second Lieutenant pulled out his radio and said, "Commander, we have located Alpha team!"

Haneul sighed and went back to work. Finally, the last survivors were evacuated to helicopters. As Haneul made his way to the field hospital, his vision suddenly darkened and he stumbled.

Min-Seok quickly ran up to him and shouted, "Haneul, are you good?" Then he called over to the field hospital, "Medic, Medic!"

The last thing Haneul saw before he passed out was the medics running towards him, then everything went black.