Chapter 15

POV: Chaehyun

As they entered, it was obvious that the soldiers here were trying to find Alpha Team and coordinate rescue efforts at the same time. A Lieutenant Colonel spotted them enter and started to say something to the Commander.

But the Commander waved this off, and said "they both have security clearance to be here, all right?"

The Colonel started to say something, probably to apologize, but a Major on the other side of the room shouted, "We found Alpha Team!"

Immediately the Commander walked over to him, "Good, do they need an Airlift?"

Major shook his head, "No, the only officer seriously injured is Captain Choi Haneul, but he has refused treatment and is helping other survivors."

Soo-Geun smiled and said, "In Afghanistan, and now here, he's going to keep going until he drops."

Yujin walked up behind Chaehyun and said, "Haneul's alive!"

"Seems like a miracle, right?" responded Chaehyun, feeling relieved.

After listening to reports streaming in for the next half hour, Major said, "Commander, the Captain has collapsed from exhaustion and the team has medivaced him to a KUH-1M and are actively transporting him here for treatment."

Soo-Geun nodded, "I'll have to leave before he arrives, but now I can clear up other business." He walked toward Chaehyun and said, "Can we talk in Haneul's office?"

This caught Chaehyun off guard, "Uhhh, sure."

They walked down the hallway in silence, when they got to the office, Soo-Geun seated himself in Haneul's chair and said, "Ok, I know who you are, and I know Haneul is close to finding out because he requested and got every Government record on you, except this one." He pulled out a paper.

Chaehyun sighed, it was her Government dossier, and she knew exactly what was on the first page. "I assume you are going to leave this here?" She asked.

Soo-Geun smiled and said, "Let's just say this is his birthday present, but I want to know if you're okay with him seeing this?"

Chaehyun didn't want him to see it, but she knew that she was only delaying the inevitable. So she squared her shoulders and looked into Soo-Geuns eyes and said, "He can see it."