Chapter 17

POV: Captain Haneul, 7th Special Forces Brigade

As Haneul came around he immediately noted that he wasn't in the on-scene field hospital. This looked like the infirmary in the bunker. 

Over to his right, a mechanical voice said "Patient 012 is awake and is ready for visitors."

A few minutes later, Min-Seok came in, Haneul grinned at him, "Hey, crazy day huh?"

Min-Seok smiled. "The medics were getting worried, you've been out cold for four days."

"Four days!?" Haneul said in shock. "Have I missed any of the fun?"

Min-Seok shook his head, "the North Koreans have laid siege to Seoul, and were ordered to evacuate Kep1er as soon as you recover."

"Evacuate them where?" Haneul asked. 

Min-Seok shrugged, "Command hasn't thought that far ahead yet."

Haneul sighed, exasperated. "Keep me updated, ok?"

Min-Seok stood and saluted. "Yes, company commander" 

After a few days, Haneul was allowed to return to active duty. After all, this wasn't the worst injury he sustained on the job. 

As he made his way back to his office through the labyrinth of tunnels, Min-Seok and he continued to talk, the war was going poorly, even with the support of NATO and the EU. As they rounded the corner to the office, Min-Seok's radio buzzed, and he said he needed to go to communications. 

As Haneul made the final stretch to the office, he heard footsteps running in his direction, then Chaehyun rounded the corner, and she looked down the hall. When she saw him there, she took a breath and started walking towards him. 

Her eyes looked like she was going to kill him, and Haneul thought, "What did I do now?" But Chaehyun did something that surprised Haneul even more than killing him. 

She hugged him. 

----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Now the fun begins. Secrets will be revealed. Bullets will be shot. 

Have fun!