Chapter 19

POV: Captain Haneul, 7th Special Forces Brigade

As Haneul rushed his squad and Kep1er out of the bunker, he could hear the battle. That's how close it was. They ran to some waiting trucks. He shouted to regular army troops just arriving on the scene, "defend it the best you can, destroy everything in the offices!"

As Haneul, Min-Seok, Chaehyun, and Mashiro got into one of the jeeps, Chaehyun asked, "Haneul, have the North Koreans taken Soul?"

"Yes, they took it only an hour ago," Haneul responded. Then he turned his attention to Min-Seok, "has command decided where we're going?"

Min-Seok noded, "we're heading to a safe house."

The convoy drove for an hour, lights off to avoid strafing. Once they pulled off the main road the crew calmed out. They made it out of the kill zone. 

But not quite.

As the convoy slowed down at an intersection, the sky lit up. An Attack Helicopter. 

Haneul got out of the door, opened the rear door and half pulled Chaehyun out of the car, Min-Seok did the same for Mashiro. As they ran to a field for cover, Haneul shouted over his mic, "All units get the VIPs out of there, get to cover!"

Another soldier's voice came over the radio "The VIPs are safe."

Just as that happened, the helicopter made another run, it fired into the convoy. 

And the world exploded.