Chapter 22

POV: Captain Haneul, 7th Special Forces Brigade

Haneul watched Chaehyun's face as she made the connection that the girl he was talking about was in fact her. It was rather amusing, and kind of cute.

"Um... I.." Chaehyun started.

"Need time to think about it?" Haneul asked. He saluted, "Power of Unity."

After he entered his office, Min-Seok followed him. "Did you talk to Chaehyun?" 

Haneul nodded "Yeah, I confessed to her."

"Ahhh, What did she say?" Min-Seok responded, curious.

"I don't know, I left before she could say anything," Haneul said flatly 

"You idiot! You should have stayed." Min-Seok shouted. 

"It's not like you have great relationship skills, look at you and Yujin." Haneul fired back

Min-Seok blinked. "What about me and Yujin?"

Haneul shook his head. "You're so clueless."

Haneul left the office and inspected the defensive positions dug in around the safe house. If anyone tried the attack this position, they are going to have a rough time. There were the sounds of distant fighting, and Haneul could see the smoke of the war front on the horizon. But there were signs of hope, Haneul watched eight FA-50 attack fighters pass overhead and head for the front. 

Haneul was due for a virtual briefing. And after a three-hour meeting, the commanders hatched a battle plan 7th Special Forces Brigade, It would be a joint ROKA, NIS mission. There were field agents nearby to assist in the battle. 

Haneul waited for the agents to arrive, but it was not quite what he was expecting. Chaehyun appeared out of nowhere. She took and breath and said, "Lieutenant colonel Kim Chaehyun, NIS, reporting for operation dagger as ordered." 

----------------------------------------------------------

References:

FA-50 - A South Korean light combat aircraft

ROKA - Republic of Korea Army 

NIS - South Korean Intelligence service