"do not come any closer!" miller yelled as we walked up to the gate.

"move! stand back!" bellamy yelled as he walked through the people. once we got in front of the crowd i looked at a man who stared to vomit up blood.

"nyko." clarke took a few steps forward.

"what if it's a grounder attack like they did with murphy?" miller whispered.

"what happened to them?" clarke walked to nyko.

"the sickness. we lost more than 40 on the way." nyko answered as luna started to cough.

"luna?" i furrowed my brows.

"please don't turn us away because of what i did to you." luna looked up at us.

"out of my way. please let me through." my mothers voice was heard. she then walked up to them while putting a rug up to her nose.

"mom, what is this?" the both bent down to look at them.

"fever, lesions, vomiting. it's ars." my mother said as i got closer to her.

"what's ars?" bellamy asked.

"acute radiation sickness." my mom looked up at him.

"when did the symptoms start?" she turned back to them.

"not sure. right before the fish started dying." luna rubbed a small sick girls head.

"the fish are dying?" raven asked.

"floating on the sea to the horizon in every direction." nyko told her.

"it's not contagious let's get them to medbay." my mother said and i walked over to the girl.

"come on." we helped them up as they grunted.

"it's already here." clarke whispered.

-

"they're getting worse. there's got to be something we can do." clarke said from behind me as i held back lunas hair and rubbed her back. her blood spilled out from her mouth and coughed heavily.

"delactivene might help, but ravens got the meds on lockdown." jackson said as bellamy walked up to me.

"leave raven to me. what exactly, do the test show?" my mom asked and a large amount of blood was thrown up.

"i've got you." i whispered.

"the exposure is acute. without treatment, there's little to no chance of recovery. it looks like the radiation is internal, ingested from irradiated fish. none of the outbreaks appear to be from airborne exposure. that's the good news." jackson informed them.

"not for them."

"you think i deserve this for refusing the flame?" luna spoke.

"no." i whispered and grabbed a piece cloth so she could wipe her mouth.

"no one deserves to suffer. besides, this would've happened anyway." bellamy told her.

"this is all that's left of my people. can you save them?" luna asked as clarke walked up to us.

"we'll do everything we can. you have my word." clarke nodded her head.

i smiled at clarke as i felt something ooze down my legs. my pants were completely wet and i looked down.

"tell me something good." clarke looked at bellamy.

"ravens looking for you." bellamy said.

"bellamy." i whispered as my smile dropped.