19. Bad guy.

"Do you miss me already?" I hummed into the phone while I stirred my coffee.

Kathy chuckled on the other side of the line. "You wish. Hey, I almost hit into a car, I think they're coming to your house."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I will call you later," she said and cut the line, and while I still faltered confused, my front door cracked open and Kelly walked in.

What was she doing here? I wondered, but smiled, seeing her face after such a long time.

"Kelly, long time no see."

"Who was that?" she asked, her voice steady for a second.

"Oh, her name is Kathy."

"Did she sleep here?" she asked, still standing at a distance away from me. I sipped my coffee, not sure that she had the right to ask me that.

"Is something the matter?" I leaned against my island table.

"She's the reason you couldn't make it to dinner last night?" Kelly went on to interrogate me.

I bit down on my lip to stop a smile from spreading across my face. But of course, that didn't stop last night's flashbacks from attacking my brain. It was one of the most beautiful nights I have ever had.

To make out with someone who liked you.

To kiss someone without any fear of who is going to find out about what you did.

It was peaceful and very enjoyable. The image of how she arched her back as I ate her out came into view and I couldn't stop smiling, I looked away. And more came; how her breast felt warm and perfect in my palm, how her round ass jiggled every time I smacked it.

God, that was nice.

"I don't understand why you're asking me all this."

"Is she the reason you couldn't come to dinner last night? Because you were fucking her? Is that it? So, she's your girlfriend now?"

"What? No, she's not my girlfriend—we just made out, and you need to chill."

"You made out! She's not your girlfriend? You don't love her, you just want to make out with her as you did with me?" Kelly was far too loud now, and I didn't even understand why she was so hysterical.

"Relax-"

"Don't fucking tell me to relax, Andy, don't even dare to play that card. Do you think you can just replace what we have? Are you insane? Is she the one confusing you? I haven't seen you for months and all you can tell me after I found you with another woman is relax?"

Oh, she was so mad.

But what was I supposed to do?

"Kelly, I told you we couldn't keep doing whatever we were doing, I thought we were cool."

"You thought? Why did you not ask me? Instead, you ran off with some other girl? Are you fucking serious, Andrea? Do you think you can just fuck with my feelings and ditch me? Is that even okay with you? Don't you care?!"

Did we touch the emotions part? How fast did this escalate?

"Look, it's nothing personal. When I'm with Kathy, I just...she helps to get my mind off you. You should be happy for me because I won't bother you anymore."

"Why?" she asked, glaring at me, and I just realized that her eyes had teared up; a tear rolled down her cheek. My chest clenched with pain, I did not want to see Kelly like this. I did not want to see her cry, and why was I the one making her cry?

"Kelly-"

"Why do you want to stop thinking about me, Andy? Because I think about you every day. No moment in the past months has gone by without me thinking of you, about your face, about your touch. About everything, so I don't understand why you want to get rid of me this way."

Oh my god!

My heart throbbed. It wasn't fair to bring all this up right now. It wasn't okay. She was not supposed to do this to me.

"I did-" I choked on my own words, I could not say anything more.

She looked at me with red eyes and wet cheeks. "I love you, Andy, and all I ever asked was for you to love me back. Is that too much? Can't you give me that?"

"You have someone, Kelly." I sniffed and realized my own face was just as wet. When did I start crying? It felt wrong, I had not cried in a while.

She was crushing me. She was a therapist, and she knew what she was doing, but I would not let her get to me. Not his time, not ever. Chris had been good to me and I could not repay him like this.

"I don't care!" she exclaimed, making me shudder for a moment. Oh, she was dangerous when she was angry, but I would not be here to witness her havoc.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the door.

"Go home, Kelly."

"Andrea! Don't fucking walk away from me, Andy, please come back," she sobbed. "I'm sorry, come back, please."

I was not trying to be the bad guy in her story, but it was for both our sake that I did not go back to her.

#