8. Lilly.

"Andy?" My father's deep voice sounded from the other end of the line, and I could not stop tapping my foot on the floor. He had the nerve to even act surprised.

"So you're really with her, aren't you?" I brought my hand to my hips and bobbed my head as though he could see me.

He wanted war.

"Who?" he questioned, not even a tad worked up. Was I the only one who saw a problem here?

"Lilly," I said her name in the most mocking way possible. I was close to turning into a cartoon right now.

There was a tiny silence before he exhaled. "Who told you?"

Ha! This man! He was more concerned with who told me than what I caught him doing?

"Does it matter?"

"Yes."

"I have my sources," I boasted, not even daring to sit down. If I sat, I would turn soft on him, I needed answers and the only way I could get them was as if we were on the battlefield. In the war zone.

"Oh, stop acting all southern cop, I know Juan told you. That little bastard," he grumbled, but he wasn't mad. If anything, he was holding back a chuckle, I could hear it drip from his voice.

Was this a joke to him?

"As I said, it doesn't matter."

"Okay, well now that you caught me-"

"Yes, I caught you, dad. When were you planning on telling me?" I interrupted, it was best if I was the one in control here.

"Andrea, I wanted to tell you, but you've been busy, and you barely reach out these days," he spoke calmly, and I almost fell for the trap. I hadn't been a good daughter, yes. But would I let him replace our mom with some 'Lilly'? That was a joke.

"Okay, so that's not a pass for just diving in there to replace mom," I mumbled, my eyebrows creasing with both confusion and annoyance. I had never brought up our mother until now, actually, there was no need to bring her up.

The man had been on his best behavior ever since Mom passed.

He just flipped.

"How long have you been seeing each other anyway? And you forbid Juan from telling me? Wow, Dad!"

"Andrea, I did not forbid your brother, I just thought that it would be best if I was the one who told you. Lilly and I have been seeing each other for a while now, and-"

"What exactly is a while?" I inquired. Whatever I would do with that information was not even my business, I just needed to know how long he has been cheating on mom.

"A few months."

"A few months?"

"Andrea, that's not the point, okay. That point is I like her so much, she makes me happy and we both know I haven't been exactly happy for a while now," he spoke softly, even when he was trying to explain himself, he was so calm, and it broke my heart that I was upset with him.

Finally, my knees weakened, and I sat on a stool. "But mom…"

"I miss her too, Andrea, I do, but it's been four years now, and I think I deserve this. Lilly is that person who makes me feel that happy again. She reminds me so much of your mother, and maybe that is why I am so attracted to her."

No one could ever replace Olivia. She was everything we all need and to think my father had enough space to give some love to another person, but my mother was disturbing.

But on the brighter side, he was happy with this woman. Maybe my little brother was right, this wasn't about either of us, it was about Dad. His happiness, over three years he only put us first and denied himself that genuine smile.

"Dad..." I mumbled, my face suddenly felt heavy and in no time, tears were running down my cheeks. Why was I crying? I was supposed to be happy for my father, he did everything I asked of him. He was there for me through everything, every moment of my life, and the least I could do was pretend to be happy for him.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, baby," he spoke hesitantly into the phone. I could imagine how his blue eyes squinted, or how his thick brows furrowed. How he would run his hand in his gray and dark hair when he was frustrated.

He deserved this. He earned it all.

"No one's ever going to replace Olivia, Dad. But tell me about her," I grumbled, working extra hard to keep my voice in check. He wouldn't forgive himself if he realized he made me cry.

"I know." He chuckled uneasily. "Lilly, it's hard to describe her. You should visit on your breaks and see her yourself."

I smiled and nodded. "Have fun Dad."

"Be safe, baby girl," he spoke and cut the line.

I hadn't felt this lonely in a long time, and I had no idea how to handle it. I thought of calling Kelly, but she would only upset me more and not help me relax, so I decided against it.

I grabbed my laptop and tucked myself in, getting ready to watch something. I clicked on my Netflix and went on to start the show "Euphoria".

I still missed Kelly.

And sending her away wasn't wise at all.

#