Ch- 88, Of Cats And A Father's Letter To Another

Start from the beginning

"A cat, Rudhi?" He asked, picking up the pencil and flicking it between his fingers.
"Isn't that tough?" He frowned, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Maa draws it easily, Baba. Don't you know how to draw a cat?" Rudhi pouted at him.

"Ofcourse, your Maa is the best!" He sighed, almost like admitting it again.
"But Baba doesn't how to draw. And cat is a tough one, Mishti!" He told, biting his lower lip between his teeth as he stared at the page which he hadn't even stained with the pencil yet.

"Let me still try!" He narrowed his eyes, staring at the page and started to draw.

He glided the pencil and drew a few strokes. Picked up the eraser and erased it. Again he drew it and erased it. Rudhi was sitting in front of him, her chin rested onto her hand as she waited for her father to complete the drawing.

It took him almost five tries to complete his artwork and turning it around to show Rudhi.

"How's it? Sent it perfect?" He asked feeling proud of himself, looking at the cat with immense pride.

"Baba..." Rudhi stared at the picture for a while before raising her eyebrow and looking at him with suspicion.
"Isn't that a rat?" She asked.

"Wha... What?" He frowned, feeling offended and looking at his artwork again.
"It... It's a cat baccha!" He told, confused about why would Rudhi call his beautiful cat a rat?

"Baba this is clearly not a cat!" She said, still looking at him with a bit irritation.

"Oh. Okay! I- I'll just d- draw it.... again." He murmured and painfully erased his beautiful artwork.

Anirudh Roy Chowdhary, who was perfect in everyone's eyes, wasn't as perfect though. But one thing he could never do was, draw! He had never scored good in his art classes either. Never had he been able to understand how people drew things so well? He could paint though, which was a long lost thing now.

Drawing the cat all over again, he showed it Rudhi. But she just giggled at first and then broke into fits of laughter.

"Baba! That's.... That's not a cat!" She laughed her lungs out, almost tripping to the ground, holding her stomach which ached.
"That looks like a Monkey!!!" She laughed, pressing her hand onto her mouth.

Anirudh frowned at her, narrowing his eyes as Rudhi clearly insulted his draeing and him too maybe.
This girl is definitely her Maa's daughter! He thought to himself and pressed his hand onto his forehead.

"Enough! stop laughing Mishti!" He huffed like a child, pouting his lips cutely.
"Baba doesn't know how to draw, that's the issue!" He pouted, confessing in front of his daughter.

This was a quality he possessed. He never feared confessing his inabilities or imperfections. Rudhi had stopped laughing and stood up straight, looking at her Baba.

"So shall I not do this homework today?" Rushi asked, being happy that she wouldn't have to study more.
"Can I go and play with Vansh then?" She asked, closing her notebook.

Anirudh lifted his eyes from the notebook and narrowed his eyes at her.
He quickly opened her notebook again and spoke, making her pout.

"Very Smart! You'd not need to do that, Ms. Rudhaanshi!" He informed.
"Go to your Mallika Chachi, and request her. She'll draw it for you." He said, handing her the notebook and the pencil.

"Okay Baba." She pouted sadly.
"But I can play after that right?" She asked.

"Yes, once you colour it and show it to me, you can go out and play." Anirudh replied, picking up his file and getting to work now.