Mark x Reader || Enemies

Requested by @ineedasociallifepls

So I accidently forgot about this and didn't post it after finishing, so I'm sorry about that, but here it is. I kinda made Mark more of a dickhead than I headcanon him because of the whole enemies to lovers thing. I'm also thinking about making a part two since there was no real lover stuff, so yeah. Anyways, thank you for the request and I hope you enjoy it.

---------------

I rummage through my locker, searching for my books for my next class. When I finally found them, I grabbed them with a victorious grin, stepping back. Suddenly, someone bumped into me, causing me to drop my books and stumble forward. My head knocked into the locker with an audible thump and I reeled back, wincing as I rubbed it.

I heard snickers as I turned to see...Mark. He had a shit eating grin on his face as he laughed at me with his friends. "Sorry, man. My bad. You dropped something." He taunted, pointing to the books that I dropped that were now strewn across the floor. I growled in annoyance, rolling my eyes before flipping him off. He chuckled at that before walking off with his friends, leaving me to pick up the books.

"Fucking asshole..." I mumbled to myself, picking up the books and shoving them into my backpack before heading to my next class. When I made it to the classroom, I stopped in the doorway, glaring at Mark who I, unfortunately, sat next to. I dragged myself over to my seat, plopping down in it as Mark quietly snickered.

"I see you got your books." He prodded, causing me to clench my teeth. "Yeah, no thanks to you, asshat." I hissed, flipping him off again. "Right back at you, bud." He responded, raising his middle finger to me. "Mark! (Y/N)!" The teacher shouted, causing the two of us to jump and whip our heads to the front of the classroom. She gave us a stern look.

"Can you two explain what I just said?" She asked and we both stared at her with blank faces, thinking. She let out a sigh of annoyance, pinching her nose bridge. "Well, since you two are so persistent on talking to each other during class, you two will be partners for the project that I now have to re-explain." The color drained from my face as she said that.

"What!?" Mark exclaimed, a look of annoyance painted across his face. I rolled my eyes, plopping my head into my hands and gripping my hair. "Do you have a problem with that, Mark?" The teacher questioned sternly and he clenched his teeth, letting out a huff as he leaned back, crossing his arms. "No..." He reluctantly responded. "Good." The teacher said, going back to his lesson.

When I glanced up, Mark was giving me a death glare. He drew a slash across his neck with his finger, obviously directed at me. "You're dead." He whispered and I scoffed. "You're the idiot who started this!" I whisper-shouted back. "Oh, really-" Before he could get another word in, the teacher slammed her hand against the chalkboard, effectively shutting the two of us up.

Class commenced as normal, Mark and I making threatened gestures to each other with the casual angry whisper once in a while. When the bell finally rang, I quickly stood up, throwing my bag over my shoulder and attempting to rush out of the room. However, before I could, Mark called out after me. "Hey, idiot!"

The boy grabbed the back of my backpack, stopping me from walking away. I groaned, shifting my gaze up to him as he stared down at me. "We need to meet up somewhere to work on the project." He said and I let out a sigh, causing him to roll his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'm not happy about this either." He seethed.

"Whatever. We can't go to my house though. My parents are too busy." I say and he hums. "Okay, what about the library?" He questions and I shake my head. "I don't want to be seen in public with you. Last thing I need is some little old lady coming up to us and making some fucking comment about how 'cute we are as a couple' or some shit like that." I shoot back and he sighs. "What about my house?"