Ennard x Reader || Rainy Season

Bro, I love this pile of spaghetti. I can't explain in words how hAWT this noodle boy is. Anyways, sorry for not posting. I had literally no motivation and no direction with half the oneshots I'm making right now. I just kinda sucked it up and finished this, which I did end up enjoying. 

I got this idea from watching the rain while at school :) ALSO I MADE THE READER GENDER NEUTRAL HEHEHE

----------------

The soft pitter of rain crashing against the roof echoed through the house, catching the attention of (Y/N). They perked up at the sound, dashing over to the window. A small gasp escaped their lips as they stared through the glass, smiling. They giggled before rushing to the closet looking for an umbrella. After digging around for a few minutes, unable to find one, they give up with a groan.

"You know what, fuck it!" (Y/N) exclaimed. They opened the front door, the fresh smell of rain floating through the air. They smile again, beginning to walk into the gloomy weather. The cold water soaked into their clothing, drenching her body. A small shiver shot up their spine as they walked up the driveway, rain softly banging against their head. A small giggle escaped their lips as they spun around, droplets flinging off their body.

Their feet landing in a small puddle, soaking their bare feet. They stepped away from the small collection of water. "Probably should have put on shoes..." (Y/N) muttered, slicking their wet hair back. As they wandered around their yard, playing in the rain, a pair of eyes watched them from inside.

(Y/N) crouched on the sidewalk, observing a small frog hopping along the cement. "Here you go little buddy. A makeshift umbrella!" They exclaimed, holding their hand over the creature. The rain above (Y/N) suddenly stopped, causing them to look up in confusion. They met the gaze of Ennard, an umbrella held above his head, saving him from malfunctioning. (Y/N) perked up at that, standing.

"Ennard! You should go back inside. What if water gets inside your endoskeleton?!" They shout, concerned. The clown suddenly pulled (Y/N) towards him, pressing his body against theirs. "Um- Ennard?" They questioned, blushing lightly. He tilted his head. "Aren't you cold? I'm heating you up!" He stated, smiling. "O-oh. Yeah," They stuttered out, wrapping their arms around the endoskeleton.

"Ennard, what if the water damages you? I don't want you to get hurt..." (Y/N) mutters, unwrapping their arms from the clown. "I'll go back inside, but you're coming with me." He states, taking a hold of their hand. A small pout forms on their face. "But- fine," They agree, walking with the animatronic. "That's what I thought," He says with a playful smile. (Y/N) rolls their eyes, a smile forming on their face.

The duo enters the house, warm air hitting their cold bodies. Ennard closes the umbrella and places it next to the door, creating a small pool of water beneath it. Water drips off (Y/N), splashing onto the wooden floors. "I'll go get a towel from the bathroom," They inform the clown. When they enter the small room they grab two towels, one for themself and one for Ennard. They make their way back to the endoskeleton, throwing one of the towels at him. He lets out a small squeak, grabbing the object.

He glances down at the towel in his hands before looking back up at (Y/N), confused. "Why did you chuck a towel at me?" Ennard questions. "To dry yourself off. Duh! You might have some water on your body." (Y/N) explains, wiping the water off their body. "Ugh, I hate the feeling of wet clothing," They complain. "One second, I'll be back."

(Y/N) begins making their way up the stairs, entering their room. They didn't bother to close the door as they picked out some dry clothes, peeling the wet ones off their body. They dropped them in a pile before making a mental note to pick it up when they were done. They quickly dried themself off before pulling their clothes on, bending down and picking up the small pile of wet clothing. As they turned to the door, they froze, staring at the figure in the doorway.

There stood Ennard, wide-eyed and flustered. "S-so, I know you said you would be right back, but I got bored..." He explained, playing with his wiry hands. (Y/N) said nothing, just stared at the endoskeleton with a blank expression. "Um...(Y/N)?" Ennard called, concerned. They didn't seem to register his words, slowly walking past him and making their way to the bathroom. The animatronic watched them enter the room, a worried expression on his face.

(Y/N) slowly hung the wet clothes on the curtain rod as they processed what just happened, face flushed. They let out a small groan once they finished, rubbing their red face. They exited the bathroom, finding Ennard standing at the end of the hallway with a guilty look on his face. "I'm sooooorry!" He dragged out, an exaggerated frown forming on his face. The heat on (Y/N) seemed to disappear as they let out a giggle.

"It's fine. How about we go watch a movie or something? I hear there's this new show called 'Fifty Shades of Disappointment'. Don't really know what to expect from that," They laugh, rubbing the back of their neck. "Oooo! Sure. That sounds interesting!" Ennard exclaimed.

They make their way down the stairs and into the living room, getting comfortable on the couch as (Y/N) attempts to find the movie. The heavy raindrops pattered against the roof, creating a nice echo sound throughout the house. The two sat in silence, the steady sound of clicking coming from the remote (Y/N) held.

After finally starting the movie, (Y/N) leans against their wiry friend. Ennard stares down at them until they notice his gaze, glancing up. "What? You're comfy," They state, smirking. The endoskeleton lets out a small chuckle before focusing on the movie, becoming entranced with the bright colors displayed on the screen. (Y/N) smiles at their friend before looking back at the TV, their eyes widening. "What the-".